SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 13-05-08, 08:04 AM   #11
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Re: Meet up with possible rideout.

Sounds like fun - put me down for a maybe...
Old 13-05-08, 11:38 AM   #12
BigBaddad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVrach View Post
As we have a 3yr old it's a bit awkward,we either get on our own or we try and get out together after 6.30ish when our sons in bed and our 14yr old can babysit.
We won't be able to get out on the bikes until tonight,so no rideout for me. St Germans is nice,my hubby has delivered the post there a few times
If you or your old man fancy a rideout sometime, drop me a line. What bikes do you have?

You have a 14yo....me too...goes to Downham High School.

Hubby is a postie huh...in St Germans...is he the really old bloke with a comb over and a gammy leg???....I used to be a postie in Peterborough, lived next to a couple of posties in Watlington for a while too.
Old 13-05-08, 12:02 PM   #13
SVrach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaddad View Post
If you or your old man fancy a rideout sometime, drop me a line. What bikes do you have?

You have a 14yo....me too...goes to Downham High School.

Hubby is a postie huh...in St Germans...is he the really old bloke with a comb over and a gammy leg???....I used to be a postie in Peterborough, lived next to a couple of posties in Watlington for a while too.
So would that be Thomas Close hubby says, He used to work with someone called Dawn is this who you mean, hubby has also delivered Watlington on a few occasions (he gets about abit) he usually covers the sokeferry/wereham area.
I have an SV650n K4 and hubby has just got a new Z1000. My son goes to Downham High too,they may know each other, lol!
Old 15-05-08, 10:45 AM   #14
BigBaddad

Right then done some research......

The Fenman Classic bike show is held on August bank holiday weekend, small cost of about £3 which goes to charity.....by all accounts it's attended by lots of bikers with food, music etc.

I was thinking of popping down to have a look (need to check with my wife 1st)......

If anyone wants to join me for a rideout before, that would be great.....if not I'll arrange a rideout some other time in August, must me my turn soon. I was thinking of meeting up at Maccy D's on the A47 near Peterborough in the morning, find a nice 70 mile route over to the show, then either stay as long as you want, have lunch, go home or have a bit more of ride (the 50mile scenic route to Hunny, perhaps?)

Let me know.
Old 15-05-08, 10:58 AM   #15
Skip
Mega Poster

Sounds good BBD - I am thinking of arranging a ride for mid-late July time around the rideout route from last August...
Old 15-05-08, 11:06 AM   #16
petevtwin650

Sounds good from both of you.