SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 13-11-04, 11:40 PM   #11
amarko5

thanks all for the sympathy it was a sudden shock to be sure

but time's a good healer.
Old 14-11-04, 05:16 PM   #12
Anonymous

Fubar...You are definitely correct my friend and so I am going to share a couple of things with you guys right now.

Ok great news...was emailed by a'99 Sv owner who lives about 30 km from me over here and who has a bunch of expat biker pals, we are going to organise a ride out which just might become the beginning of " Pennine Massive with Sun"!

My pal Len the 749 guy who is originally from the north east took me out again today to explore the Andalucian countryside and great roads! Three and a half hours we were out with the odd pit stop for coffee and fag. However although still very sunny, on heading inland the temps plummet! Bloody freezing,(reminding me of home!)

Was lovely to call in little Tavernas that were really off the beaten track and for the locals to say hello and lots of other bike owners of all denominations happy to give you a "Hola"

At one place we sat before a roaring log fire and had a "Tapa" of pollo al ajillo,(that's chicken in garlic sauce to those from Yorkshire!) Bloody lovely it was too!

So at least a small element of the masive is stilll able to get out there on a bike simply for the enjoyment of it! 14th Novemeber and only two days of rain since May! I got to get back to England!
Old 14-11-04, 05:21 PM   #13
Peter Henry

Damn and blast! Fubar that was me waffling in GUEST mode!
Old 14-11-04, 10:54 PM   #14
mrs fud

Default .

Quote - So at least a small element of the masive is stilll able to get out there on a bike simply for the enjoyment of it! 14th Novemeber and only two days of rain since May! I got to get back to England!

I really could call you something but as I am a lady I won't.
Hope you enjoy your biking in the sun (see i'm not bitter. HONEST )

Jo.
Old 15-11-04, 07:29 AM   #15
Peter Henry

Jo....On reflection I do believe that my post was possibly in bad taste as I know you guys will be having all kinds of questionable weather to cope with right now!
But if it helps you feel any better, at times it felt as cold as it was that day you all dragged me up to Hartside!
Old 15-11-04, 08:23 PM   #16
FUBAR

Default MUDDY HELL

hEY amarko, sorry about ya ****ty news m8, not alot one can say, thoughts are with ya all..................................

Peter, so lovely to hear from you, making us limeys bloody jealous, i just hope u get caught in a freak weather front and end up with icicles hanging off varios parts of your anatomy On a more subdued note, thanks for sharing your ride-out with us im sure we will get a posse together and come visit you (if ever there was a need for a european ride-out, this is it, lol )

Carl, hows the Manta m8 ? coorrrrrr im jealous :P

I`ll sign off fer now, keep ya chit - chat coming and if ya in the area, gimme a shout........

ciao fer now

p.s. r u lot sure u aint seen my old W reg svs around ???
Old 15-11-04, 08:26 PM   #17
Cloggsy

Look on the bright side... It's supposed to be raining by Thursday
Old 15-11-04, 08:53 PM   #18
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Sorry 2 hear your news Mark, i bet you've done a few miles riding & thinking about stuff, Hope you and your family are OK.
Spoken word's are simple,
Feelings... are too powerfull.
Old 15-11-04, 09:21 PM   #19
mrs fud

Default .

Quote - But if it helps you feel any better, at times it felt as cold as it was that day you all dragged me up to Hartside!

If I remember Mr Henry, you didn't need any dragging up to Hartside.

Oh, I remember that day that was our SUMMER, I think that you took the sun back to Spain matey.

I could just do that day all over again actually, it was BRILL ...... meeting up with everyone again, a good turnout at Devil's (even if we where a bit late getting there It was Wigan SVs fault wanting a brew) and then that superb run up to Hartside.

Oh, yes that run is definately one to be repeated next year.

Roll on Summer.

Jo.
Old 16-11-04, 01:45 PM   #20
OF.uk

Hi peeps
Not been around on the site for a while (actually about a month!) as I was getting very bored with the inane drivel that was being spouted constantly. The site has changed a great deal since I first started visiting over 5 years ago, some things for the better and some for the worse (imho).
Not been out on the bike since the Rossendale bike show. I seem to have lost the motivation due the amount of 'offs' that have occurred. I've even been tempted to sell it, but I think I'll hang on for a while yet and see if I feel like it again next year.
In the meantime I've bought myself a Chevy Camaro to play with

Catch you all again

Paul.