SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-03-07, 11:35 PM   #11
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: Triumph Street Triple

675 or speed triple?

ST3 every time, 675 is a gorgeous bike and i would pick infront of any jap600 but they are a completely different experience.

The nekkid 675 is just going to be a budget speed triple. Less everything. Diluted.

My perfect trumpet is 1050 st3 engine and injection in a 955 striple chassis.

I just don't get the point of that 1050 chopped rear and high and heavy, small bore pipes.

.......anywayz 675 don't have a single-sider, and THAT is the coolest thing in motocycling.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-07, 11:43 PM   #12
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAMASHER View Post
675 or speed triple?

ST3 every time, 675 is a gorgeous bike and i would pick infront of any jap600 but they are a completely different experience.

The nekkid 675 is just going to be a budget speed triple. Less everything. Diluted.

My perfect trumpet is 1050 st3 engine and injection in a 955 striple chassis.

I just don't get the point of that 1050 chopped rear and high and heavy, small bore pipes.

.......anywayz 675 don't have a single-sider, and THAT is the coolest thing in motocycling.
You haven't been looking at mine in my brothers garage have you ?
Nothing diluted about that bike, 152BHP 1997 speed triple, under seat triple outlet exhaust, I've been looking for something to replace it with, but it's not been beaten yet
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-07, 11:46 PM   #13
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

nah , just saying the 675 nekkid is/will be diluted. Its all about grunt with just a tickle of throttle!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-07, 06:24 AM   #14
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAMASHER View Post
675 or speed triple?

Erm, less weight too?

Some people might want a lighter more nimble bike, so drawing direct comparison is pretty pointless.
Old 30-03-07, 10:19 AM   #15
zunkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
You haven't been looking at mine in my brothers garage have you ?
Nothing diluted about that bike, 152BHP 1997 speed triple, under seat triple outlet exhaust, I've been looking for something to replace it with, but it's not been beaten yet
In this case words without pictures = 0

Let us see please!!!
Old 30-03-07, 10:32 AM   #16
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
In this case words without pictures = 0

Let us see please!!!
Currently not in a fit state, needs clear coat & decals, but as soon as I'm able it'll be back.

Here's it as it looked back in October (nothing has been done since then )

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 30-03-07, 11:32 AM   #17
zunkus

I'm guessing you did the front wheel in blue and rear in red. Haven't got a side shot by any chance? It looks the dogs balls man. Awesome beast.
Old 30-03-07, 11:44 AM   #18
Ceri JC

I'd been hoping for a mini speed triple, but personally, I really don't like that. As others have said, unless it is £1K+ cheaper, I'd prefer a 675 with the fairings ripped off.

I'd actually prefer a speed four to this.
Old 30-03-07, 12:07 PM   #19
Demonz

Is it me or does it looked too photochopped. A little to neked up the front end for me. Looks like it could do with a little more styling up there to bring it back into shape.

EDIT: was thinking something along the lines of a new FZ1 nose would look nice.

Last edited by Demonz; 30-03-07 at 12:10 PM.
Old 30-03-07, 04:54 PM   #20
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus View Post
I'm guessing you did the front wheel in blue and rear in red. Haven't got a side shot by any chance? It looks the dogs balls man. Awesome beast.
Not really my taste, but was ask what I'd do if I was making a prodominatly white bike, here's a side view as requested.

Got a clear rear light lens and mesh for the air ducts to go in yet as well.

Cheers Mark