SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-04-13, 05:39 PM   #11
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: BBC's The One Show 11/04/2013 - Speeding Bikers

he didn't really explain very well why, in his words it is necessary for him to follow gathering evidence. Also they didn't say what the cause of that accident at the end was but did you notice that there was a t-junction there with the car involved turned down it? oh i do wonder what could have happened

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13, 06:11 PM   #12
Fallout
Mega Poster

This article is correct. All you bikers should be ashamed of yourselves. I hate you all.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13, 06:25 PM   #13
disco2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
This article is correct. All you bikers should be ashamed of yourselves. I hate you all.
Totally agree, your bunch of speed junky freaks, I mean fancy pushing your bike all way to the mad speed of 100mph hang your heads in shame (if that's all you got out of it).
Old 15-04-13, 06:50 PM   #14
kiggles

this makes me angry. very angry. Ignorate non-bikers criticizing bikers. Because people hate bikes it will make good news.

- Police woman pulls out on biker and kills him while on the phone. NO ONE CARES (except bikers)
- Car accidents involving bad car drivers no one watches.
- pedestrian walks out on me, gets hurt, yet still at the time people straight away, everyone points the finger at me because I ride a bike. (although the police were level headed about the situation)

the one show is watched by thousands of people as its a prime time on TV and they want to slander bikers..... making the reputation of us even worse.

I can tell you now there are many worse subjects then people on bikes as its a VERY VERY narrow minded opinion of sunday warriors and not day to day riders.

- I now drive daily to work and other peoples driving is insulting compared to a biker doing 100mph on open roads. 4X4 drivers are generally complete utter W***ers, cars always cutting me up causing very dangerous situations. Everyday this week on a short 20 minute commute I have had to slam on my breaks because of other bad drivers. 2 second rule always applies for me, my car is small and cheap and would probably crash me in any accident. But no matter the weather/ speed /road condition people find it acceptable to pull out on me and cut me up to save 1 second on their commute.

- People on Benefits, do I have to say more? there alot to talk about there that apply to more people then bikes

- Bankers......... do i have to say more?

- bad retailers and what they get up to. although there have bbc documentaries on it late at night when no one watchs TV.

- people who go out drinking and cause chaos at night. sure fights etc from that killed more people then the odd sunday warrior

- cyclists who don't follow the rules of the road. I could go on for ages about cyclists, but i dont want to give anyone a headache

seriously??? if your going to pick on one group, do every other F***ing subject relating to it and be diverse about it. Bikers come off worse in accident irrespective who fault it is, but often people assume its the bikers fault and deserves to get hurt. Since going through a recent accident myself because of someones negligents this piece of TV smut makes me want bad things to happen to these shallow minded people.

But BBC needs it rating so might as well continue to publish rubbish like this.

Last edited by kiggles; 15-04-13 at 06:56 PM.
Old 15-04-13, 08:04 PM   #15
Fordward

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor
Old 15-04-13, 09:30 PM   #16
ChrisCurvyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
I'd bet if you cornered that police biker over a few pints he'd probably admit to a few indiscretions in his past, if not in his current riding. I'm damn sure he didn't jump straight on a 1300cc bike and feel comfortable chasing people along country roads.
Exactly. I've come across several police bikers who give patronising safety advice one minute, then boast about their on-road speeding exploits the next.

It doesn't seem to be online but a year or so ago the MCN FoId all UK police forces and got some interesting stats on unmarked police bikes involved in single-vehicle crashes where the rider was NOT on a shout. Basically, seemed like lots of them saw riding the wheels off a cutting-edge sportsbike (sometimes literally) as a nice perk of the job and were binning it on joyrides.

That aside, thought the One Show item wasn't as bad as it could have been. Obviously there was the insinuation that the crash was automatically the biker's fault but at least they actually bothered to speak to some bikers.

Speaking of which, loved the Yorkshire dad who was clearly getting a kick off the hot young female reporter straddling his bike and feeling the vibrations going up through her pelvic bone!
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-13, 10:06 PM   #17
stuR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggles View Post
this makes me angry. very angry. Ignorant non-bikers criticizing bikers.
This^! Dont tar us all with the same boy racer brush.
Old 15-04-13, 10:34 PM   #18
Fallout
Mega Poster

The only time I exceed the speed limit is when it is safe to do so. For example, when its kicking out time at a primary school, I will only speed past the ice cream van if the tune isn't playing, otherwise the kids might not hear me coming. Also I tend to bow my head when overtaking hearses so as not to be disrespectful.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-13, 06:26 AM   #19
agy

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ref_map=%5B%5D
Old 16-04-13, 06:31 AM   #20
agy

I wish every now and then they concentrated on crap drivers!!! Not a day goes by when I don't have an aggressive driver sitting on my **** cos I choose to stick to the speed limit (or even if I'm already exceeding it) or push in the safe gap I create between me and the car in front!!! AAAARRGGHHH!!! But revenge always comes after they push in cos they are OH GOSH in sooo much hurry and then I get to the front at the next red light and they're stuck 10 cars behind :P