SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 05-04-09, 04:46 PM   #11
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: xXBADGERXx and the "Barmouth or Bust" Ride Out - Another epic post :)

Bastage , I was after one of them
Old 05-04-09, 04:49 PM   #12
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: xXBADGERXx and the "Barmouth or Bust" Ride Out - Another epic post :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learningcurve View Post
Blimey Badger, change of undercrackers moment me thinks?

Did your life flash before your eyes? or just the corner of the trailer?

I bet it hit you later on when you were thinking back about it.
To be perfectly honest I tried to sleep last night and as I closed my eyes I kept seeing the trailer over and over , I woke up quite a few times last night sitting bolt upright in bed and swearing a lot , I would lie back down and it would happen again and again , I got up very early and took the Dog for a wander and tried to get over it .
Old 05-04-09, 05:30 PM   #13
skeetly

You did give 'start' when he clipped the bank
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-09, 05:35 PM   #14
xXBADGERXx

Yeah that was the noise of the trailer hitting , it was when it hoved into view I felt like Wile.E.Coyote when a rock plummets towards him and his ears fold back

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 05-04-09 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-04-09, 05:41 PM   #15
xXBADGERXx

Oh and I have forgotten to mention the bit where I was standing next to an SV and Skeetly was ripping it for the tail tidy and how I should remove the Snow plough and get one , But I am president of SPAS and that would not do would it ?

I let him carry on and he also made some more comments about the state of my bike and when did I crack my fairing etc ? and I coolly replied "Dunno mate ask Seggons , it`s his bike" ........ Seggons was right behind him . I asked Seggons if his onbike camera and sound was on as that would have been funny if he recorded that conversation
Old 05-04-09, 06:12 PM   #16
skeetly

I did think you were being remarkably calm
Old 05-04-09, 06:16 PM   #17
CarlosSV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Bastage , I was after one of them

was after one of them meself !
Old 05-04-09, 06:21 PM   #18
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetly View Post
I did think you were being remarkably calm
Trust me , if it was my bike I would have chained you by the ankles and ridden off with you dragging behind me
Old 05-04-09, 06:23 PM   #19
skeetly

Quote:
Trust me , if it was my bike I would have chained you by the ankles and ridden off with you dragging behind me
But it is all true about yours as well
Old 05-04-09, 06:23 PM   #20
Baph

Quote:
We head out after forming up and there is a local marching band on the corner with cheerleaders , They are about to get drowned out by our Chorus . Baph halts the traffic and allows us out in one massive rumbling thread (nice move there feller) and the Org is on it’s way again
It had to be done mate. I was at the back of the pack as I was splitting up from the rest of you a little early. I did think how many people would of thought "WTF is he doing?" as I blatted down the wrong side of the road past everyone.

I couldn't even hear the band from the back of the pack.

I said at Shrewsbury in the morning that I was happy to block junctions where required, and that some confuse the jacket for a that of an officer of the law. I think the guy in the Volvo thought that was the case, as he didn't argue about stopping.

It was good sitting next to the band, listening to the drum beats whilst all the bikes burbled past.