SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-01-06, 12:27 PM   #11
Samurai

Default Re: CBT and Theory DONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealvw
Just to let people know, I've passed my CBT, and also passed the Theory test too.
Now to get lessons on "big" bikes for the full license test.
Any pointers!?
I would save your money, when i did my DAS they had the facility to rent out 125's, i don't know if all places do this but is a much cheaper option.

Good luck mate
Old 17-01-06, 12:51 PM   #12
TC3

Default Re: CBT and Theory DONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealvw
Just to let people know, I've passed my CBT, and also passed the Theory test too.
Now to get lessons on "big" bikes for the full license test.
Any pointers!?
I would save your money, when i did my DAS they had the facility to rent out 125's, i don't know if all places do this but is a much cheaper option.

Good luck mate
My mate did the same and rented a 125 for a weekend nefore his test....he failed but passed 2nd time....it gave him a confidence boost using the 125 and he failed cos he did a silly mistake and was over confident
Old 17-01-06, 09:27 PM   #13
Rog

On the 125 issue, it depends how long you think you are going to take to pass your test and whether or not you intend to do an intensive course or have lessons.

I personally took my time. Did CBT and Theory, bought a 125 for a song and practised like mad for three months, had three one hour lessons during that time on a 500. Then on the day of my test I booked a further hour and half before my test just to get familar with the area and settle on the bike. Passed first time and traded it in for my baby (look left) and got back what I paid for it.

So in my experience getting a 125 was a good thing
Old 18-01-06, 02:32 PM   #14
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Forgot to say earlier, my top tip is to remember to turn your indies off as soon as after you complete the manoover (sp?) - if you leave them on then you will fail as it's a major fault. I got paranoid about it and all during the test kept pressing the cancel button just to make sure.
The paranoia must've really taken hold of me then, i still do this!
Old 18-01-06, 07:28 PM   #15
Alpinestarhero

Good on ya mate!

Im attempting the same process, CBT on 12th april!

Matt
Old 18-01-06, 07:39 PM   #16
madmal

well done so far. as an ex Ccbt instructor i would recomend not buying the 125cc and see if you can hire one instead. you may be able to rent it for evenings and weekends and will work out a lot cheaper and (with an instructor) you will concentrate on doing correct procedure. as with anything, its worth paying for lessons and soon you will be on the larger capacity bikes. the money you save from a 125 will go to much better use if you consider this. good luck