SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-11-10, 08:54 PM   #11

Default Re: HTC 7 Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I love my Desire too. Easily the best phone I have ever used.

Only niggle is the phone function gets a bit dodgy if I leave the 3G switched on. On 2 out of 5 calls out from my phone the recipient can't hear me, even though I can hear them - turn the 3G off and it works perfectly every time. There's an added advantage of it being impossible to write a text message whilst driving, so that's one less thing I can get nicked for.
what next work you on out of interest..?
Old 27-11-10, 10:11 PM   #12
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
what next work you on out of interest..?
Orange. I'm not impressed by them tbh, their coverage of the UK is not a patch on 02's. The last time I had this much trouble getting a signal when passing somewhere major like Cambridge on the A14 was back in 1990. I spend a fair bit of my time using customer's landlines because I can't call the office on my phone, and this happens all over the place from Gloucester to Gt Yarmouth. If Orange don't sort their coverage out I'll be switching back to 02 when my contract expires.
Old 27-11-10, 11:15 PM   #13
Seggons

You may already know this Lozzo but Orange and T-Mobile are merging so you can use both networks. It may help with your signal issues.

https://kareena.orange.co.uk/share/
Old 28-11-10, 12:14 AM   #14
Lozzo

Thanks Scott. I already knew about that, but wasn't sure if the T-Mobile network was any better.
Old 28-11-10, 12:25 AM   #15
hardhat_harry

+1 on the desire.

Navigation is as good as Tom Tom and never had any issues with 3G and phonecalls

Only issue is battery life when GPS is on but there are bigger batteries in ebay.

The Desire kicks iphones asre.
Old 29-11-10, 09:28 PM   #16
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Thanks Scott. I already knew about that, but wasn't sure if the T-Mobile network was any better.
It's not Orange so much as Orange's 3G network. They seem to have lots of probs with their masts too.

If you get many more probs, call customer services. They may know a work around. Their customer service has always been tops for me.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 09:29 PM   #17
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I want the Desire HD next!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 09:51 PM   #18

vodafone are frickin useless they are convinced my phone was going by Royal mail.. it failed to turn up on saturday and they were telling me it would turn up tomorrow evening.. I tried explaining that royal mail DO NOT DELIVER IN THE EVENING..

Anyway.. came home to find a DPD missed you slip in the post..

Gits

should be here tomorrow.. grrrrr
Old 29-11-10, 10:53 PM   #19
sauluk

I had an htc years ago and loved it. The iPhone came out and I wasnt interested. The someone got me one as a gift from the US and I've had one ever since. The wildfire is the worst phone I've had the displeasure of trying to use (oh has one).

I've owned 3 apple products in my life and they're outstanding. Most impressive was a PowerBook that lasted 8 years. Sold it on with no issues and it never crashed the whole time I had it.
Was: Blue SK5
Was: KMX125.. stolen..
sauluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-10, 12:05 AM   #20
ThEGr33k

HTC 7 the windows phone? Probably be a very different exp to the Android sisters out there but im sure it will be ok, has to be really or MS are in trouble

People who mention the free satnav not being brilliant, ill just mention that yes needs coverage, but it is free and does work when the ****ty networks arnt letting us down... which is too often.

Oh and Orange suck Lozzo, they customised ROM (guess you got the orange version with their crap on) spoils the phone! I installed the stock ROM from HTC and the phone is just a million times better, it works all the time and has no ****ty little bugs like you mention. HTC need to put their foot down and tell the Networks to pi&s of and make us all use stock software!