SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-01-09, 09:09 PM   #11
speedplay

Default Re: sv 650 tail tidy (k5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
At the risk of repeating not only myself but SoulKiss, the integrated rear sidelight/brake/indicator is illegal (as per C&U regulations) in the UK. The indicators are physically too close together.

If you mean just sidelight/brake light with a clear lens over it, without the indicator function, that's fine AFAIK.

Thanks for the heads up on that but theres a lot of sports cans with "not for road use" out there too...does that stop people from using them?
Old 04-01-09, 09:56 PM   #12
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Thanks for the heads up on that but theres a lot of sports cans with "not for road use" out there too...does that stop people from using them?
Good comeback , but Plod can see this mod from miles away, they have to stop you to see if your can is stamped "Not for road use" etc.

Just another possible offence you could get a fine for IMO.
Old 04-01-09, 10:20 PM   #13
speedplay

Quote:
Good comeback , but Plod can see this mod from miles away, they have to stop you to see if your can is stamped "Not for road use" etc.

Just another possible offence you could get a fine for IMO.
So its ok to have no indicators and have a daytime mot but not to have indicators too close? seems a little mad to me.
Old 04-01-09, 10:23 PM   #14
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
So its ok to have no indicators and have a daytime mot but not to have indicators too close? seems a little mad to me.
It's one of those cases that if you have them, they must work, and be legal spec.

You could have a daytime MOT with this mod, but you'd still be breaking C&U regs by riding it on the road with working indicator/tail light assembly.
Old 04-01-09, 10:32 PM   #15
speedplay

Quote:
It's one of those cases that if you have them, they must work, and be legal spec.

You could have a daytime MOT with this mod, but you'd still be breaking C&U regs by riding it on the road with working indicator/tail light assembly.
It just doesnt make sense

I can see this one being a case of if I do decide to go with it, chance it and see, Northants police owe me a few after nearly killing me anyway!! lol