SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-01-05, 08:44 PM   #11
Kingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Haven't you got to be careful about where these go, as if you land with force it could potentially damage the frame?

Thats what was suggested to me when I mentioned I was definitely putting some on mine.

(Getting them fitted for free when I buy them).

Also, while I'm hyjacking this thread, the guy in the shop suggested extra R&G ones at £30 that fit onto something that I can't actually remember. Anyone got any ideas what I'm on about, and are they any good?
I got some R&G ones which look and feel pretty solid. They come with a long bolt which replaces the main engine mounting bolt, so I my opinion they shouldn't do your frame any harm because they are actually joined to each other and not just bolted to a spare bit of frame.

I haven't got around to testing them (fortunately) but they feel pretty solid and they are quite long so I am confident that they will protect everything major, if not the fairing as well.
Old 25-01-05, 10:24 PM   #12
northwind
Mega Poster

There's the potential for bungs to damage the frame if they break off really badly... They can oval out the recess they bolt into as they break off. But you need to be really down on your luck for that to happen I figure for everybike that takes frame damage in this way, there's loads that'll have damage prevented, and I figure the scales come down in bungs' favour at the end of the day...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote