SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-03-07, 10:38 AM   #11
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Ultimate Practical Joke

the last laugh will be on me when i come back from a bar at 4am and start her up
Old 21-03-07, 10:59 AM   #12
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
the last laugh will be on me when i come back from a bar at 4am and start her up
Bet your neighbours are gonna love that too
Old 21-03-07, 11:32 AM   #13
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Bet your neighbours are gonna love that too
yeah, hehe. Its not like my room faces on to their living room i'm just trying to be super careful about not setting the alarm off!
Old 21-03-07, 11:46 AM   #14
Blue_SV650S

I would have been well p1ssed off it that were me!! Do your 'mates' have no respect for personal property?

Not only have they pinched your keys, they have subjected your pride and joy to an aurduous journey thrgouh tight spaces to get it in your room - which again they have entered without your permission ... ... what if they had damaged the bike in the process?!!?!?
Like I said, I'd not have been pleased and the first thing I'd have done is checked the bike over ...

... you have to get it out again yet ...

I'd have stuggled to find the funny side ...

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 21-03-07 at 11:51 AM.
Old 21-03-07, 12:10 PM   #15
amnesia

Variax? Pah.

Solid State? Pah

Valves is what you want. I got 400W of 'em in my rig...and it absolutely wastes the 400W solid state rig it replaced.

Nice looking bike by the way...
Old 21-03-07, 12:46 PM   #16
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
Valves is what you want. I got 400W of 'em in my rig...and it absolutely wastes the 400W solid state rig it replaced.
I'll probably waste the €1000 (£700?) I've paid for the lot (Pod + Vax), too. But yeah, I'm with you on that one, wouldn't mind having a full valve toy myself.
A Mesa would be fine. Any of them.
Old 21-03-07, 12:46 PM   #17
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Do your 'mates' have no respect for personal property?
Good point, I bet they knicked your Frankie while they were in there...

Don't forget to run a hose out the window when you fire her up
Old 21-03-07, 01:33 PM   #18
K

Well, I can only hope for you that it doesn't turn out to be like one of those space defying sofas!

Y'know the ones, you can get them into your livingroom, but by the time it comes to moving house they appear to have grown (or the doors have shrunk) and you can never get them out again.

So... um... how big is that window?!
Old 21-03-07, 01:58 PM   #19
gettin2dizzy

well i've got a history of pulling practical jokes myself :P so i don't mind. although it is bloody sunny today and i've got the afternoon off! this house really has the narrowest corridors, it was quite impressive.
As for guitars, yeah a rack of planks and amps would be awesome. But the budget doesn't allow it, so its the next best thing. they play really well too (the 600 model) bit of a bargain if you ask me!
Old 21-03-07, 02:00 PM   #20
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
As for guitars, yeah a rack of planks and amps would be awesome. But the budget doesn't allow it, so its the next best thing. they play really well too (the 600 model) bit of a bargain if you ask me!
Bingo. Mine is just the 300, hardtail, I couldn't afford nor justify the extra cost over the 600 at the time, but I might be tempted to invest in a new one when I have the cash. Maybe wait for the next generation.