SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 03-09-10, 07:09 PM   #11
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: New Unmarked Car in N. Wales

Just look at every car, pay attention, behave in the posted limits and look further down the road than before. Use the straights to relax and cruise, then enjoy the bendy bits. It's not rocket science!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 07:19 PM   #12
maviczap
Mega Poster

Cloaking device might not be such a good idea, as drivers might not see me

Good advice Pete, I was only pulling your leg, as I'm far too old and sensible to be doing anything mental.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 08:08 PM   #13
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
Just look at every car, pay attention, behave in the posted limits and look further down the road than before. Use the straights to relax and cruise, then enjoy the bendy bits. It's not rocket science!

Pete
Its worked for me for the last 20 years and never had a Point on my licence , all those that whinge about North Wales Police Force have obviously been up to no good .
Old 12-09-10, 11:39 PM   #14
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Its worked for me for the last 20 years and never had a Point on my licence , all those that whinge about North Wales Police Force have obviously been up to no good .
And Bugger me sideways , I go and get pulled by this very car today . 3 points and a £60 fine . Was doing 89 mph average up Rhuallt Hill on the A55 with a Pillion . I was perfectly behaved on the road right until after St.Asaph . I saw the car in front of me and overtook in a progressive manner and decided to open the taps a bit up the hill to clear past all the Caravans and Lorries . Got to the top and backed off to 70 mph . The Audi overtook me about a minute later and pulled in front of me and I knew there and then that I was gonna get pulled , I backed off to 60 just as the Blues came on and pulled into Caerwys slip road . He got out and my Pillion got off and I removed the lid . He said "Do you want the bad news or the bad news ?" I just laughed and said "Go on then" . He explained that my average was 89 mph and that he had followed me up Rhuallt and that if it wasn`t a Sunday then I may have just had a telling off , but Sundays are Zero Tolerance and "Operation Focus" was in effect . He made me an offer of a fixed penalty and 3 points and said I was remarkably good humoured about it all . I did explain that I have never had points ever and am not usually prone to giving it the berries , and that I was on my way to look at a car , handed him my licence . He actually apologised a few times to me as well which I found weird . Anyhooo , I got back on the bike and carried on up the slip road and re-joined the A55 on the other side and carried on my merry way . He appeared to carry on back around the roundabout as if he was gonna go back the other way , we saw a Police Bike doing the same thing a minute earlier . As it happens I carried on at a slower pace of around 65 mph whilst I mulled it all over and got it out of my system and resigned myself to the fact I had just increased my Insurance premium for a Car I had yet to buy ..... and blow me the same Police car came past me again . It was as if he waited a little bit and then decided to follow me again . Now in my Mirrors he went an entirely different direction , probably lurked for a minute to do something then joined the A55 , so if you do get pulled , don`t do an angry blast as you just may get a stiffer penalty .
Old 13-09-10, 07:48 PM   #15
skeetly

Bad luck there
What sort of Audi?
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 08:11 PM   #16
xXBADGERXx

Big Silver Audi A6 CX10 DDU or DUA or summat like that .
Old 17-09-10, 10:42 PM   #17
xXBADGERXx

Well it`s been spotted again and it is confirmed as CX10 DWP , I made an acronym from the plate as being the Department of Work and Pensions

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 17-09-10 at 10:44 PM.
Old 26-09-10, 02:07 PM   #18
svsam

saw it on the a495 about 3 weeks ago, it had pulled some biker chick
svsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 05:29 PM   #19
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
Chris,

That would have been a training car. Standard and advanced courses run with an instructor and three students.

I was in Bala the other day and Lancs turned up in a dark blue 330d. You would have to be really mental to be doing something serious enough to get a training car to try and prosecute you.

Pete
ROFL I did 5 cars, took 2 to court on my advanced course .... never done so much traffic orientated stuff never get chance on response

Maybe cause I was the only one in the car with the instructor and I was so amazing he made me work to LOL

I wont say what cars Staffs use, but I was in Wales ALOT
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012

Last edited by Shellywoozle; 26-09-10 at 05:31 PM.
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote