SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-07-06, 11:38 AM   #11
Tris

Back in the 80s/90s I watched about 10 British GPs on the circuit in a row plus everytthing on the TV. That was back in the days of proper racers Mansell(the winger), Senna(genius) and Prost(er French)

Now, I probably struggle to see 30 mins through the complete year

ITS BORING!!!!!

It would be nice if ther spent some of Bernies Billions to redsign the tracks specifically to encourage overtaking. PLUS random oil/water sprays on some of the key bends, might just make it a bit more interesting

Rant Over
Old 18-07-06, 11:55 AM   #12
Jabba

How about every now and again, in a random fashion, they made the grid line up in reverse qualifying order......slowest at the front?

Not every race of course, to keep the drivers/teams honest, but just a few races per season and don't tell the drivers until after the qualifying.
Old 18-07-06, 12:12 PM   #13
The Basket

Default Re: Jensen Button, part 7: "The final, final showdown&q

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Ockx
The man - correction: child - is an overpaid moaning t*sser who can't race....the Max Biaggi of F1.
Mr Biaggi is not Jenson Button.

He was a world champion and also a contender in the toughest class in all track racing.

He may have been overpaid or moaned or a t*sser but on his day, the man could race.

What is a Jenson Button anyway? Sounds rude.
Old 18-07-06, 12:14 PM   #14
TVR_Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
How about every now and again, in a random fashion, they made the grid line up in reverse qualifying order......slowest at the front?
Genius ...

F1 is soooo *yawn*...

Tbh, I'd rather watch milk float racing...
Old 18-07-06, 02:27 PM   #15
Daimo

F1, been getting worse and worse... Dipped and now is back on the up I think.

Everyone hated F1 due to the dominance of MS, but now its a bit more open, its closer (most lead cars are still on the same lap). THe only interesting parts is the start - 1st/2nd set of pit stops, and the last few laps (unless the leader is already obvious).

Funny thing is, i've got a quite well of guy at work. No interest in motorsport but he enjoys watching the GP.....

He's not long ago started here, and already is hooked on MotoGP. His first race to watch was the one with Melandri doign acrobatics a few weeks back. He's hooked. He couldn't believe the skill of Rossi...

MotoGP is SO much better to watch than F1. Its closer, you can see who's catching who (opposed to being 20+ seconds apart), and you know that by the end of the race, the results are 90% sure to be totally different
Old 18-07-06, 11:22 PM   #16
Vfr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by aej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfr400
I went car racing this weekend(The shame of it) But i did get to see the original Mario Andretti '78 championship winning Lotus 79 (no 3 of 5) yep the best looking F1 car ever! it was amazing to see how basic it was just 1 switch on the steering wheel on and off!! at least then it was usually the most talented driver that won, not the best car/ race strategy/fuel load.
Nice sentiments, but seriously bad example!

As big a fan of Mario as I was, it has to be said that the 79 was the first successful ground effect F1 car which took aerodynamics to a whole new level. Added to that, restrictive practices in No. 2 driver contracts weren't invented by Ferrari in recent years - Ronnie Peterson, probably the fastest driver of his generation, was grateful for the work and happy to follow team orders before paying the ultimate price in that same season and never achieving the championship he was more than capable of.
Yes, that probabily wasn't the best year to quote. It was a shame that Ronnie didn't get the no1 drive he deserved. IIRC he was due to be no1 at Mclaren the next year.

chris
Old 19-07-06, 09:04 AM   #17
Daimo

Keep your eye out for the other British Driver due into F1 next year, possibly with McLaren (as they've sponsered him since he was young)... He drives in the F2 series.

Can't remember his name, but currently opening serious whoop ass cans on the other F2 drivers... Been watching him every so often and his driving skills seem up there (i.e knowledge on how to race).
Old 19-07-06, 10:02 AM   #18
wheelnut

Jenson Button is a was been, like a has been but never was :P

F1 is Booooring, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 19-07-06, 10:07 AM   #19
Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
Keep your eye out for the other British Driver due into F1 next year, possibly with McLaren (as they've sponsered him since he was young)... He drives in the F2 series.

Can't remember his name, but currently opening serious whoop ass cans on the other F2 drivers... Been watching him every so often and his driving skills seem up there (i.e knowledge on how to race).
LOL i think you mean GP2

and the kick ass British driver who is leading the series is called Lewis Hamilton

i belive he is 14 points ahead with 4 races to go

HTH
Old 19-07-06, 03:26 PM   #20
Daimo

A1, F1 GP2, so many classes ha ha.,... He's still a good driver, one to watch.... Cheers