SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 16-02-08, 11:18 PM   #11
scobysv

Default Re: For Sale Race Winning SV650

they bumpted me up to Nationals!!!!!!!! only got the word last Thursday, I dont fancy racing ISB or 600 national but at that stage I had agreed the sale of the Sv. To be honest I cant believe they expect me to step up that far, crazy!!! I'm awaiting a decision on being regraded. Also got news the same week that I wont be getting my road licence as "more experience" would be preferred...... damned if you do damned if you dont..... so to cheer myself up ........I have bought a cbr 600 rr in the UK tonight over the phone, I have been in contact with this guy for the past couple of weeks and we agreed a figure tonight

So I will do clubman 600's if allowed if not I will treat myself to a uk trackday every month...thers a few tracks I would love to do.... Cadwell/Oultan etc

onwards and upwards eh!

Not long till Cookstown now.... hope youre training hard girl. Might catch you before then

Cheers n take care
Old 17-02-08, 04:51 PM   #12
yvo6

Scoby I think you have a case to argue re your A Licence. The GCR's clearly state:

The general qualification for a Type ‘A’ licence shall be that a
driver/passenger must have completed a MINIMUM of six Short Circuit
meetings held over more than one venue, and have completed 80% of the full
distance in a MINIMUM of two finals, and show a general competence in
his/her riding ability.

You meet this criteria, so get stuck in there and agrue this point. You should provide your race results for the previous season to back up your case.

Personally i would be kacking myself to see you on the roads but that is up to you and your family. Better to be talking to you than about you.

Good luck i hope you get into Clubmans and let the fun begin
Old 17-02-08, 05:15 PM   #13
scobysv

but thats where they have me in a catch 22, I'm arguing to be left in the clubman classes........ I then cant get stuck into them for not giving me an A licence. If they demand I go up to National, then we will kick up a fuss bout the road licence.

Kinda relaxed now bout the whole thing, either way I'm going to compete less this year. The family want to book a decent holiday..... and its been hard to do that over the past two years when the racing dictated our every weekend.......... you know how it goes.
Old 17-02-08, 07:16 PM   #14
yvo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobysv View Post
the past two years when the racing dictated our every weekend.......... you know how it goes.

Aye i know what you mean - at the end of the season i think of the number of great hols in nice hotels i could have hand on the money i spent racing. But i am not ready to stop it just yet........ you have plenty of time to chill out and spend time with the family and still come back to the racing.

When i stop i wont be coming back to racing......... too old, too sore, too tired but i will be able to have a nice tan instead of being zipped up in leathers on hot sunny days

cheers babe x