SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-08-07, 02:47 PM   #11
wyrdness

Default Re: BT Vision - I Like

You need BT's broadband. Since I'm not going to change my broadband provider, as they're better than BT, I'll be forced to pass on this.
Old 22-08-07, 02:50 PM   #12
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post
You need BT's broadband. Since I'm not going to change my broadband provider, as they're better than BT, I'll be forced to pass on this.
Broadband is broadband IMO. i get 8meg, unlimited use. Eve & Weekend calls free on landline, all call free over the broadband via the home hub, BT vision etc all for £25.00 per month including BT line rental.
Bargin IMO.

But as you say if you are happy and it aint broke then dont fix it
Old 22-08-07, 02:54 PM   #13
sinbad

How is the actual service and reception quality though? I mean, they lay fibre optic cable for cable tv for a reason, how come suddenly a phone line and broadband is good enough?
Old 22-08-07, 02:55 PM   #14
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
How is the actual service and reception quality though? I mean, they lay fibre optic cable for cable tv for a reason, how come suddenly a phone line and broadband is good enough?
It seems to be cool. watched telly last night and it was clear as hell. No difference to sky
Old 22-08-07, 03:02 PM   #15
sinbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
It seems to be cool. watched telly last night and it was clear as hell. No difference to sky
Good, please forgive the overly cynical tone
How does it operate in conjunction with your internet connection? I can push my 8meg to the limit whilst downloading, so it surely doesn't operate in the same way because my tv reception would be knacked if I had them both going at the same time.
Old 22-08-07, 03:06 PM   #16
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
I just signed upto sky ...all channels for £23 a month and it suits me fine.
think im going to have to re-subscribe to sky, as its now totally not working, i was thinking of getting it fitted cheapest option, then cancellling thus getting all the free chanells
Old 22-08-07, 03:12 PM   #17
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad View Post
Good, please forgive the overly cynical tone
How does it operate in conjunction with your internet connection? I can push my 8meg to the limit whilst downloading, so it surely doesn't operate in the same way because my tv reception would be knacked if I had them both going at the same time.
They say that the TV always leave 1mg for broadband. It only uses the broadband for the "on demand" stuff, otherwise it uses the areial like a digi box, so you shouldnt have a problem
Old 22-08-07, 05:32 PM   #18
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Look here matey, I have 4 kids and dont want it to get to 5. I need a telly !!!!!
No no no....you want a source of gamma radiation aimed at a specific part of your body

Matt
Old 22-08-07, 05:45 PM   #19
timwilky
Mega Poster

No point in me looking if it requires a BT ADSL circuit as I can't get one because of the crap BT wire locally