SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 09-12-04, 12:25 PM   #11
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown
how many people will go? i'm tempted. are newbie's welcome?
There should be a good number but its always dependant on the weather usally about 50 bikes.
Old 10-12-04, 01:34 PM   #12
shutdown

bum flaps, it's been decided that i am fixing my partners grandparents tv and video on that day. She's got a huge family and i'm the only that knows how to tune a video to a tv?

i'm so glad they asked me...oh wait...they didn't
Old 10-12-04, 05:27 PM   #13
wheelnut

Quote:
bum flaps, it's been decided that i am fixing my partners grandparents tv and video on that day. She's got a huge family and i'm the only that knows how to tune a video to a tv?

i'm so glad they asked me...oh wait...they didn't
Tell them there is nothing on telly, and do it when you get home!

Ok your dinner might be in the dog and you will be sleeping alone. But hey, its in a good cause :P
Old 10-12-04, 08:01 PM   #14
shutdown

i might see if i can get out on good behaviour.

thanks for the offer 22, i would need to ride with someone as i don't know the way there
Old 10-12-04, 08:21 PM   #15
derbybiker

Quote:
thanks for the offer 22, i would need to ride with someone as i don't know the way there
Should be easy for you coming from Alfreton - A38 all the way.

A38 all the way through Derby and head for Burton. You'll take the first turning for Burton - the A5121 - the slip road is about 200 yards after you have gone over the River Dove. At the top of the slip road the speed limit goes down to 40 (although you should already be doing that as you will have entered the roadworks which has a 40 limit) and the road bends left. Follow this road to the first island where you go straight on. You will then see McDonalds on the right and the Beech Hotel is about another 100 yards further on on the right.

I'm hoping to be there (X reg blue SVS).
Old 10-12-04, 09:19 PM   #16

T reg black sv with 04 blue triumph sprint.
Old 12-12-04, 06:39 PM   #17
shutdown

how was the run? i got let out on good behavior later in the afternoon so guess everything would be over.
Old 12-12-04, 07:02 PM   #18
wheelnut

You missed a good day out, It was a very well supported event with a very rough guesstimate of 120 bikes.

The traffic was quite good to us too and with the marshalls stopping traffic we managed to run all the red lights

Moobie and DB will be along soon with a photo :P

Quite a lot of them there new fangled 3 wheelers!!!
Old 12-12-04, 08:36 PM   #19
derbybiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Moobie and DB will be along soon with a photo :P
I'm just waiting for Moobie to send it to me then I'll post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
The traffic was quite good to us too and with the marshalls stopping traffic we managed to run all the red lights
we still had a couple of dozy people in cars trying to push past the marshalls as all these bikes were coming through - where did they think they were going to go?, probably hadn't even looked down the road to see all these bikes coming towards them.

Great sight today was when we hit a straight bit of road and looking back all you could see was bike headlights
Old 12-12-04, 08:44 PM   #20

good ride, good fun, friendly atmosphere & nice to put faces to names. will go next year as well.