SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-03-08, 12:44 PM   #11
Daimo

Default Re: Moto GP on TV

The lack of girlfriends and pit honies was a kinda idea

But as you say, really excited about this years motogp, esp as we've got a really class act rider in there. He's come on leaps and bounds int he last few years (when he won his first WSB title, he was still learning really). Real proffessional in his approach. I'd like to shake that mans hand one day.

Good role model for younger kids I think. God knows kids need them these days..

JT

or

50 cent??

Hmmmmmm
Old 03-03-08, 01:08 PM   #12
Dave The Rave

Just found out its live on BBC3 (free view) on Sunday from 19:30. Bring it on. Fingers crossed for Toseland but honestly hope that Rossi will win it this year to shut the little Ozzie muppet. Last season was the most boring ever. If it is run away again this year I may give up on it. It's all traction control and gadgets bt not much power slides (none in fact) and it sends me to sleep.
Old 03-03-08, 02:06 PM   #13
Daimo

Why do people hate Stoner so much?

Sure I like rossi more, and sure the Ducati is fast, but it needs a fast rider to ride it.

Stoner is a bloody excellent rider, consistant, fast, and he can get that bike round a track well.

You know its going to be between those two again though. Maybe a little more from Pedrosa, but the fights goign to be Rossi/Stoner again.

800's don't spin up as much as the 990cc's. Its about maintaining momentum not about how much wheelspin you can get. Thats why the bikes are that much slower, but still give the same lap times.

I do agree though Stoner had it mostly his own way last year though, but hopefully it will be closer in 08.
Old 03-03-08, 02:45 PM   #14
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo View Post
Why do people hate Stoner so much?

Sure I like rossi more, and sure the Ducati is fast, but it needs a fast rider to ride it.

Stoner is a bloody excellent rider, consistant, fast, and he can get that bike round a track well.

You know its going to be between those two again though. Maybe a little more from Pedrosa, but the fights goign to be Rossi/Stoner again.

800's don't spin up as much as the 990cc's. Its about maintaining momentum not about how much wheelspin you can get. Thats why the bikes are that much slower, but still give the same lap times.

I do agree though Stoner had it mostly his own way last year though, but hopefully it will be closer in 08.
I don't hate him m8. Far from it. It's just the lack of personality (even so he is bloody Peter Kay comparing to little Danni). I just want to see racing not one bike steaming ahead and no one catching up with him for rest of the race. I also agree he's a great rider - Look at Melandri now. I just want to see racing, overtaking, outbreaking, outaccelerating etc. Not the send me to sleep lapping we saw last year. We are heading towards F1 boredom at alarming pace!
Old 03-03-08, 03:01 PM   #15
cb5_keith

Quote:
Agreed...he's done some absolutely AMAZING riding...after he got the control down and stopped binning it...he seemed to be trying a little too hard to begin with, hence living in gravel...but i think he will progress even more...

big up toseland
Old 03-03-08, 05:46 PM   #16
Defender

Similar thread
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ghlight=motogp
Old 03-03-08, 06:04 PM   #17
rob13

Quote:
Doing bloody well in the timing sessions on a lesser bike.

Go Toseland.

And "finally" he came out as being gay. Good on the lad. I knew he was far too good looking a bloke and too nice a bloke to be straight
Has he? I havent heard this at all and would have thought it would have still made pretty big mcycle news. Sounds like you are quite pleased with it Daimo!
Old 03-03-08, 06:19 PM   #18
Defender

I thought he had a g/f called Jenny.
Old 03-03-08, 06:20 PM   #19
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
I don't hate him m8. Far from it. It's just the lack of personality (even so he is bloody Peter Kay comparing to little Danni). I just want to see racing not one bike steaming ahead and no one catching up with him for rest of the race. I also agree he's a great rider - Look at Melandri now. I just want to see racing, overtaking, outbreaking, outaccelerating etc. Not the send me to sleep lapping we saw last year. We are heading towards F1 boredom at alarming pace!
Some good points there!
Old 03-03-08, 08:17 PM   #20
New Leaf

Last edited by New Leaf; 03-03-08 at 08:19 PM. Reason: turned over new leaf