SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 16-05-08, 03:20 PM   #11
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Suzuki SV 1000 SZ K5 Ltd Edition + shed loads of extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
I am not mechanically minded (struggle with a tin opener!) but I understand - from a review of the SZ written in Fast Bikes mag - that Suzuki detuned the old TL (widow maker) engine when they put it in the original SV1000. But for the SZ version they put it back to more or less the same state of tune as the TL, done by altering the fuel mapping. I believe it should have 128 bhp and a top speed in the 170s, not that I've tested that personally of course!
Don't beleive everything you read in the magazines, Suzuki stated it was different colours only!

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; 16-05-08 at 03:24 PM.
Old 16-05-08, 03:41 PM   #12
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Don't beleive everything you read in the magazines, Suzuki stated it was different colours only!
Dave, I was equally dubious about the increased horsepower claims but the only specs I could find on the web seem to confirm this. Only thing odd to me is that the peak torque is made higher than the peak horsepower.

Old 16-05-08, 03:45 PM   #13
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

102NM @ 7500rpm = 107bhp ish

167bhp @ 6800rpm would need 175NM of torque.

Think they've got some figures mixed up somehow.

Also I doubt a thou Vtwin makes 167bhp
Old 16-05-08, 06:17 PM   #14
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Dave, I was equally dubious about the increased horsepower claims but the only specs I could find on the web seem to confirm this.
It was some sort of typo/mistake quoted pre-release, but if you ask Suzuki they will say it is no different to the previous SV1000 engines. This is why you can't (other than above) find any specifications specific to the SZ as it is the same motorcycle as previous SV's.

Anyway this guy is trying to sell it and going by his pictures it is in good nick, very clean and if I as looking for a SV1000 I would be snapping at his heels! It appears a good buy, so good luck in selling it mate!
Old 16-05-08, 08:59 PM   #15
thebluelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Cheers - she's a looker for sure. What do you want to PX for? Keep both!

Paul where are you based, have been toying about going from my sv650sy to a 1000 but only seen one i fancied here in N.Ireland it looks almost the same as yours. What about insurance could you give me an idea on a ball park figure.Don't want to mess you about but might be interested and i repeat might so if you got a buyer go ahead.It depends on insurance

Last edited by thebluelion; 16-05-08 at 09:01 PM.
Old 16-05-08, 11:24 PM   #16
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
It was some sort of typo/mistake quoted pre-release, but if you ask Suzuki they will say it is no different to the previous SV1000 engines. This is why you can't (other than above) find any specifications specific to the SZ as it is the same motorcycle as previous SV's.

Anyway this guy is trying to sell it and going by his pictures it is in good nick, very clean and if I as looking for a SV1000 I would be snapping at his heels! It appears a good buy, so good luck in selling it mate!
Dave

Your wrong to some extent. The SZ didn't specifically get more power... ALL K5 + models did. This is the mod list: -

Different Cam timing
Increased compression ratio
Lighter flywheel
Larger throttle bodies
Shorter intake snorkel
Different ECU (although not sure if the maps were changed, got rid of the cam sensor in 05+ though)
Couple pounds lighter
04+ have aluminum subframe = lighter

Thebluelion

My insurance on the SZ is about 250 with Bike Team. I have a fairly crappy post code near the outskirts of Manchester. I can hear the gun shots in Levenshulme and Longsight from where I live. I m mid forties with 4 yrs no claims.

Buy it, you will love it.

Ratty

Last edited by Ratty; 17-05-08 at 01:23 AM.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-08, 08:22 AM   #17
xbox650

How much for the cat , and does it come with a bag ?
Old 14-07-08, 06:35 PM   #18
GaryJ

Talking Winner of this BEAUTIFUL MACHINE!!!!

Hey Guys,

Sorry I couldn't help but come in here and voice myself as the new PROUD OWNER of this beauty!

Cheers to Paul, secured this baby and its accessories for ?3500.

I'm sure you'll all agree, for what he's selling, it was a very reasonable price indeed.

Paul, you're a gem!

Cheers Guys, maybe I'll pop up a few vids/pics of the bike later in the year.

Also, gotta fully comp insurance quote on this for a 29 yr old, first motorbike, 2 years no claim on car insurance, £623 p/year. Not bad really considering.

Cya'll !!
Gary

Last edited by GaryJ; 14-07-08 at 06:37 PM.
Old 14-07-08, 09:24 PM   #19
BlackMage23

Where did you get that quote?
Old 15-07-08, 12:19 AM   #20
GaryJ

Wink Re: Suzuki SV 1000 SZ K5 Ltd Edition + shed loads of extras

www.gocompare.co.uk Swinton Insurance are the company that quoted me it via the go compare comparison website.