SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you going to Tuesday's meet?
Yes - so that I can laugh at Jon's crap stories 1 0.00%
Yes - so long as Jon is not allowed to speak, and the Ape tells some more tank stories 1 0.00%
No - Jon's stories are so bad that I dont want to come 100,000 100.00%
Not sure - cause I am too lazy to make a decision yet 1 0.00%
Voters: 100003. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-07, 06:49 PM   #11
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Tuesday 13th November - Shire Horse

I'm coming and will be on the bike assuming the temperature is sufficiently above freezing. Will i have had my can/tail-tidy/damper fitted by then.....probably not.
Old 11-11-07, 06:57 PM   #12
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
I'm coming and will be on the bike assuming the temperature is sufficiently above freezing. Will i have had my can/tail-tidy/damper fitted by then.....probably not.
Will we care Probably n...

Good news that your back on the bike. I assume this is your choice and not the surgeons
Old 11-11-07, 07:05 PM   #13
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Will we care Probably n...
Nick will care....the ninja is going to be usurped.

Quote:
Good news that your back on the bike. I assume this is your choice and not the surgeons
Sssssh.....he may use the forum.
Old 11-11-07, 07:29 PM   #14
fat_brstd

Quote:
You've always got an excuse or another. Jeez that one is so lame.
yeah im sorry guys I was really loking forward to this tuesday. I deliberatly didnt tell anyone i had gone out and got another bike last week (i got it not the friday just gone the one before that) so i could show up on it on tuesday but and be all cool and stuff

Then last tuesday i started to feel a bit ill at work around 3 by the time id stuck dinner down my neck at 8 it was really hurting but being a hard man i though, its probably just a sprained muscle ill get down the docs in the morning. Morning of wed came, went to doc she said 2 paracetamol and plenty of rest, my brain said A&E who went right lets rip that out. The surgen said is was the worst one she had ever seen apparanetly a whopping 15cm long and about as wide as a bottle of beer. It was "gangrenous and on a scale of 1 to 10 a definate 10" Only got out today but im feeling a lot better.

So with a bit of carefull work i should be able to get allong to the next one given ive got a bike that runs now although i really need to sort out the front brake so if anyone has a bleeding kit and thinks they can do it in a pub car park then im game to give it a go. The brakes on this thing are so spongy its unreal and it twas a bargain.
Old 11-11-07, 07:42 PM   #15
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
yeah im sorry guys I was really loking forward to this tuesday. I deliberatly didnt tell anyone i had gone out and got another bike last week (i got it not the friday just gone the one before that) so i could show up on it on tuesday but and be all cool and stuff

Then last tuesday i started to feel a bit ill at work around 3 by the time id stuck dinner down my neck at 8 it was really hurting but being a hard man i though, its probably just a sprained muscle ill get down the docs in the morning. Morning of wed came, went to doc she said 2 paracetamol and plenty of rest, my brain said A&E who went right lets rip that out. The surgen said is was the worst one she had ever seen apparanetly a whopping 15cm long and about as wide as a bottle of beer. It was "gangrenous and on a scale of 1 to 10 a definate 10" Only got out today but im feeling a lot better.

So with a bit of carefull work i should be able to get allong to the next one given ive got a bike that runs now although i really need to sort out the front brake so if anyone has a bleeding kit and thinks they can do it in a pub car park then im game to give it a go. The brakes on this thing are so spongy its unreal and it twas a bargain.
Take your time mate, i assume you've gone through the trauma of a NHS hospital.
Old 11-11-07, 07:43 PM   #16
ASM-Forever

Is this thread not stickied yet.....jeez some people.
Old 11-11-07, 08:07 PM   #17
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Is this thread not stickied yet.....jeez some people.
Old 11-11-07, 10:44 PM   #18
stevehaskew

Where's the "Yes - So I can try and come up with some lame stories that are even worse than Jon's" option? I should be there.
Old 12-11-07, 08:49 AM   #19
ogden
Mega Poster

Unlikely I'll show my face - stuck in Norwich (!) on Tuesday and then on to Geneva - so someone else will have to take the **** out of Jon in my absence.

I nominate the rich kid.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:08 PM   #20
Warthog

Fat brstd, you nearly died if you appendix was like that. How's that for a nice thought! I should be able to come, dunno about Phil yet, but I think Stu wants to come too as he has finally fixed his Guzzi. Should take me about 10 minutes to make the trip with him in front provided I don't stack it!