SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 03-07-09, 10:03 AM   #11
Speedy Claire

Default Re: Home safe from the GMII

I must have been in a different place lol.... not once did I see so much as a drop of rain or a crash of thunder!! The worst weather I saw was in Tomintoul when it went a bit overcast but was still so hot! I got sunburnt every day and have actually come home with a really good tan.

I think someone was travelling on ahead of me chasing the bad weather and the majority of cars away... I also very rarely saw any real traffic! Was absolutely fantastic.
Old 03-07-09, 11:43 AM   #12
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Well you'd think so wouldn't you? But there is a massive long 40mph limit on the motorway by Stirling, hence why we went down Lock Lomondside. Me and Amarko pulverised the traffic down there

Yes the lightening hit the Lock we think, Mark had just set off and **** himself! I was fannying about trying to get gloves on and I jumped a mile! You could hear the air crackle and smell the ozone...
Went by the Edinburgh ring road for a bit - the M'way was FUN!
Using the ' missionary position' ( knees & elbows) it was easy & anyone who didn't budge got a cannon shot across their bows.
The air crackle was again my can & the nasty smell was me as well - I was just a few miles ahead of you then.
What's all this about putting on waterproofs? I was dry by the time I got home.
A great 450+ miles in the day & over 2000 in the week - I should have used my extra day's passout.
Old 03-07-09, 11:55 AM   #13
Graciepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I must have been in a different place lol.... not once did I see so much as a drop of rain or a crash of thunder!! The worst weather I saw was in Tomintoul when it went a bit overcast but was still so hot! I got sunburnt every day and have actually come home with a really good tan.

I think someone was travelling on ahead of me chasing the bad weather and the majority of cars away... I also very rarely saw any real traffic! Was absolutely fantastic.
jealous? me? naaaaaaahhh
Old 03-07-09, 12:30 PM   #14
DaveP

heading to hexam on sunday we hasd one or two showers thats it.... then monday heading over haartside and through the lakes it was silly hot.

Did very well weather wise me thinks.

Dave
Old 03-07-09, 01:46 PM   #15
xXBADGERXx

Dave , GP and myself rode through a Storm that left standing water on the Motorway , I felt sorry for those kids as I sat there all waterproofed up to the nines ....... I spent many a miserable hour as a nipper in the saddle wearing just a pair of tracky bottoms and a shonky leather jacket with water torrents everywhere , it aint fun .