SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 18-07-09, 11:29 PM   #11
skeetly

Default Re: Another new guy...

I'm feeling a little nostalgic.....
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-09, 12:19 AM   #12
ChrisSK3

Wow! How random! - yet awesome that I've (kind of) met the previous owner! Being completely new to biking I did wonder about the rear shock and rather new looking exhaust (which made me wonder on an 03). The tyres are agricultural too, wont be replacing them in a hurry I hope!

Quote:
You may see some terrible pictures of my swinging arm on these pages but it was only a protective coat of acf50 which I can recommend
Forgive me - I have no idea what that means yet but dont worry I'll find out with a bit of time and searching through old posts...

P.S Thanks for the welcome messages guys
Old 19-07-09, 08:19 AM   #13
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSK3 View Post
Forgive me - I have no idea what that means yet but dont worry I'll find out with a bit of time and searching through old posts...

P.S Thanks for the welcome messages guys
Skeetly's bike was always so clean that he blamed on ACF50 . Seriously it was a nice bike
Welcome to the fold by the way
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-09, 08:41 AM   #14
skeetly

Er you'll find that a small piece of plastic has been cut out of the bottom of the battery box and 2 thin ppieces of plywood placed under the battery. This is to clear the 'extra' bit on the gsxr shock that isnt on the standard shock. IF you do take them out put them back the same way as the ply has sections cut out for clearance also. The gsxr shock is a good mod. Improves the handling lots. I did spend some time sorting out the settings for the front and back and should be roughly OK if you weigh 12 stone Although I never did get scrape the pegs.
Just ask if theres anything you need to know.
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-09, 11:02 AM   #15
markmoto

welcome mate.
Old 19-07-09, 12:15 PM   #16
Speedy Claire

Hiya Chris and welcome.. enjoy the bike
Old 19-07-09, 10:39 PM   #17
DaveP

hay up pal. you will find this if you need the answers then this forum will deliver them.

welcome!

Dave
Old 19-07-09, 10:58 PM   #18
ChrisSK3

Quote:
Er you'll find that a small piece of plastic has been cut out of the bottom of the battery box and 2 thin ppieces of plywood placed under the battery. This is to clear the 'extra' bit on the gsxr shock that isnt on the standard shock. IF you do take them out put them back the same way as the ply has sections cut out for clearance also. The gsxr shock is a good mod. Improves the handling lots. I did spend some time sorting out the settings for the front and back and should be roughly OK if you weigh 12 stone Although I never did get scrape the pegs.
Just ask if theres anything you need to know.
Cheers Skeetly, at the moment im not quite ready to embrace the self-service world on the bike so for the time being it'll be left well alone!! Down the line when I find somewhere to do it I might change my mind and have a play though who knows...

Cheers guys, I'll have to make it to one of your meets sometime so I can put people to avatars
Old 20-07-09, 07:22 AM   #19
DaveP

There is one this weekend pal.... should be a decent ride out... you will be more than welcome!!

Dave
Old 20-07-09, 11:47 PM   #20
ChrisSK3

Cheers Dave, I'll do my best to try and make it if my weekend doesnt get too hectic!