SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 18-04-10, 08:50 AM   #11
ravingdavis

Default Re: Midlands Ride-in to NWR6

I am still unsure as to what im doing Friday but chances are ill be joining in at Stone.
Old 18-04-10, 09:41 AM   #12
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
I am still unsure as to what im doing Friday but chances are ill be joining in at Stone.
Dave, im probably gonna hook up with DMC from round our parts if you want to ride with us and maybe meet the others en route.

I'll text you in the week.

Phil
Old 18-04-10, 10:54 AM   #13
DMC

Morning all. This all sounds very civilised to me

Pete, if ok with you I'll tag on just before Lichfield? I'll be waiting in the lay-by/carpark on Hopwas Hill before the barracks, about here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...082d57e205cc07

About 10am? No need to stop, I'll just try & catch you up (so prob wont see you again until Dans lol)

If any other Brummies are about I'll be a BP Maccies from about 9am for a light, low fat brecky All welcome.

Dave MC.

EDIT: NO LONGER MEETING AT BP - NOW MEETING HERE: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...,0.016973&z=16

Last edited by DMC; 20-04-10 at 01:07 PM.
Old 18-04-10, 11:00 AM   #14
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
This all sounds very civilised to me

I'll just try & catch you up (so prob wont see you again until Dans lol)

big fat brecky
Put down the fork and your engine might concentrate on riding rather than getting your lump of a belly off from the lights.

Howzat for civilised tubs?
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-10, 11:46 AM   #15
Speedy Claire

My only thought on your timings Pete is that if you`re not arriving at the bunkhouse til 18,30 that little spar sometimes closes between 18.00 and 18.30. You`re not leaving much time for folk to unpack, say hi and shoot up the road for anything they might want.

I think you should all maybe either arrive earlier or buy your provisions en route and don`t rely on the spar else you may end up drinking tea and coffee all night.
Old 18-04-10, 12:00 PM   #16
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Cheers for the heads up Claire. I though the placed closed earlier than 7.30 but couldn't really remember.

We have almost 4 and a half hours to do 105 miles after lunch so we should be able to adjust the plan without affecting anything earlier in the day.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 18-04-10, 12:40 PM   #17
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Fewer ice creams for DMC ?
Old 18-04-10, 01:25 PM   #18
Seggons

I've already got my stock of pringles, drinks, 2 packs of marshmellows and 50 bamboo sticks for if we have a fire like last time.
Old 18-04-10, 01:29 PM   #19
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Do you always carry 2 packs or marshmallows under your jacket smegg?
Old 18-04-10, 02:13 PM   #20
Seggons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Do you always carry 2 packs or marshmallows under your jacket smegg?
It softens the blow when I enter the next bush.