SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-05-14, 12:59 PM   #11
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default world's fast production bike is an electric bike

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 21-05-14, 01:14 PM   #12
JulesW

Default Re: world's fast production bike is an electric bike

I feel like a scribe at the dawn of printing when the Gutenberg Press came along or a sailor when sail gave way to steam. Kicking and screaming, yearning for the 'old' but eventually succumbing to the new technology.

Whether you love or loathe the concept of electric motorbikes they are coming, they will get better and better, they will get cheaper and cheaper, ranges will improve as will re-charge times (fast battery swap at roadside service station) and they will take over....eventually!
Old 21-05-14, 01:17 PM   #13
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default world's fast production bike is an electric bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW View Post
I feel like a scribe at the dawn of printing when the Gutenberg Press came along or a sailor when sail gave way to steam. Kicking and screaming, yearning for the 'old' but eventually succumbing to the new technology.

That's deep.
Old 21-05-14, 01:27 PM   #14
ClunkintheUK

Default Re: world's fast production bike is an electric bike

I think you might be right Jules.

Going by your analogy the combustion engine will still be around for a long time though, perhaps indefinitely, but more as an engineering marvel in the same way that caligraphy and round the world sailors are still thriving.

I remember Jay Leno on top gear, when James May got the first look at the Fisker Karma. Jay said, and I paraphrase, these will be the cars for the every day, the ones that you leave in the office car park and going to the super market. And the combustion engine will be for your midget or your sprite for fun on the weekend.