SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-10-04, 06:51 PM   #11
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzyb
Something no doubt v. commonplace, but I'd not seen before: A silver BMW pulled up next to me, and it had wheel trims that kept on spinning, even when it was stationary. This was in sarf Lunnon.
They are illegal.
Wyzatt?
Cos anyone dumb enough to buy them should be locked up?

Seriously though... I guess its something to do with having objects attached to the side of your car that act like spinning scythes over which you have no control what so ever.
Old 01-11-04, 11:50 AM   #12
BaggaZee

There have been posts on here about these things. They're bloody dangerous! Picture this, you're passing a side road and glance at the car sitting there, you notice the 'wheels' spinning, panic , hammer on the anchors and end up in the road.
Old 01-11-04, 02:08 PM   #13
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaZee
There have been posts on here about these things. They're bloody dangerous! Picture this, you're passing a side road and glance at the car sitting there, you notice the 'wheels' spinning, panic , hammer on the anchors and end up in the road.
I'm not exactly sure why they're illegal but, at a guess, it will be something to do with their being a distraction to other road users. something in the "Construction and Use Regs" probably.

Fraser01 or Gforceuk will no doubt tell us.
Old 01-11-04, 02:18 PM   #14
Viney
Mega Poster

That TL is niiiiiceee *Drools*

Not sure of a clear clutch cover on a bike with a wet clutch, but as IanSV said, very bling.

As for the spinning hub caps as one put it. They are wheels, and called Spinners. Yes they are very expensive. Usualy the spinning part of the wheel is as expensive as the wheel itself. A mate of mine runs 20" spinners on his M3. They cost £3500 ex tyres They are totaly pointless, but you cant get more bling than your Hummer running 24" chorme spinners.

Very street, very cool.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote