SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-02-06, 11:59 AM   #11
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Si,

Let me know if you need to pay up front and I'll get you the dosh

When I booked last time, I paid when I booked the course, but payment wasn't actually taken. I believe they do it this way as it will save from having to refund if the course is cancelled. They only go ahead and take payment from your card once they are sure the course is going ahead.
Old 26-02-06, 12:04 PM   #12
K

Ohhh, now this is something I would love to take part in if I hadn't turned so squeemish in my old age!

I've tried to take my first aid certificate twice now and never made it to the final exam. I'm great at the theory, but as soon as they start talking about crush injuries I go all wonky. The first time I managed to give the whole class a practical demonstration on what to do when someone faints and falls off thier chair!

It's agreat thing to see though, something specifically dealing with bikers - after all, so many people are ignorant of whether to remove crash helmets etc.

To be honest, after the course, I would find it useful if you could at least post up a few 'basic guidelines' on stuff like that. Or at the very least PM in case of potential complications for the site.
Old 26-02-06, 12:04 PM   #13
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Yes I'm interested too.

Greg, you could always stay at mine on the Sat night to make it easier for yourself, should you wish to attend this one
Sounds good, cheers.

Old 26-02-06, 01:14 PM   #14
Tara

Both Falc and I will be up for that def Falc but for me it depends on whether or not i've found somewhere to live
Old 26-02-06, 02:24 PM   #15
Stig

Well as I said, I shall be booking on the course regardless. I would though like to know those that have actually booked, just to see how much interest there is. If there is no interest again, I think I shall have to look at a different venue.

For all those that want to attend the one in Reading, I would be glad to host coffee and sandwiches back at my house after the event.
Old 26-02-06, 04:07 PM   #16
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

will let ya know when i get confirmation of booking etc
booked for 2 people
Old 26-02-06, 04:48 PM   #17
DanAbnormal

Hi mate. I am interested and will be booking at least myself and maybe two others.

See ya there! Am looking forward to free sarnie's afterall I got a new bike so I can't afford to eat!
Old 27-02-06, 07:34 PM   #18
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

thats me +1 booked onto the course
Old 27-02-06, 08:51 PM   #19
falc

Looks good, ill get round to booking it soon
Old 27-02-06, 10:35 PM   #20
Stig

Well if the interest shown so far comes to fruit, then I see no reason why it should be cancelled again.

Thanks all, and remember, please do this if you can. One day it could be one of your mates that needs the help and you will be the one able to provide it.