SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-05-06, 02:19 PM   #11
Anonymous

Default Re: Hairy Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Boccadillo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Feel free to add your Hairy Moment, maybe this can be the hairy moments thread.
For those who suffer from Hairy Moments......

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/
Tip to all. Do NOT google image 'hairy moment'
Old 09-05-06, 02:21 PM   #12
kciN

Quote:
...Hairy Moment...
Looks like you had a hairy moment in your avatar!!
Old 09-05-06, 02:22 PM   #13
kciN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Quote:
Quote:
Feel free to add your Hairy Moment, maybe this can be the hairy moments thread.

Tip to all. Do NOT google image 'hairy moment'
I take it that was with safe search 'OFF'
Old 09-05-06, 04:12 PM   #14
DanAbnormal

Tried a different route from work to the gym last week . As I got into Bracknell I neared a large roundabout and saw another biker pootling/faffing about in the lane next to me. Came upto roundabout no cars, enter roundabout to find that it's a little tighter than I first thought. See kerb, panic a little, look where I want to go, brain shouts KERB. Look at kerb, panic a little more, touch front brake (why you FOOL!) front end slips, hoop puckers up real good, release brake, more lean and some power and miss kerb by miles. Not sure what happened. I think I must have been too busy wondering what the bike next to me was doing (he looked like he was going to pull out in front or next to me) that I didn't observe the shape of the not-so-roundabout and adjust my speed/position. Silly, but I learnt from it.

Dan
Old 09-05-06, 04:55 PM   #15
Saint Matt

I did exactly that, and lowsided last summer.
Old 09-05-06, 05:15 PM   #16
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
I did exactly that, and lowsided last summer.
not while pillion knee down i hope?
Old 09-05-06, 05:16 PM   #17
cuffy

Well i nearly bit the dust on the way home from Avebury last wed night Was coming up to some traffic lights 2cars in the left hand lane so i decided to go in the right hand lane i got to the rear wing of this 3 sreies beemer and he decides he wants to use the right lane..no mirrors, no indication no F*** ALL ...the resulting outcome was my left knee slider was on his door (no room for taking his mirror off) and my right knee was tapping the railings where the traffic island/lights were

Anyway i got to the next roundabout, pulled up, bike on the stand waiting for this bloke too pull up...i was madder than a mad thing.......and who should it be who cut me up??? only a bloke i work with...i was very dissappointed as i was all for dragging him out the car and giving him a damn good thrashing

Seen him in the office this morning and after numerous cups of free coffee i am now begininng to see the funny side
Old 09-05-06, 06:32 PM   #18
kwak zzr

last year i was trying to keep up with a mate on the bewdley to tenbury road and got stuck behind a truck! when i had enuf straight to get round the HGV i ended up on a bad right hand bend at about 70mph thats when i found out the sv handles really well in a bad situation, the front brake and back brake was on hard whilst crank'd over trying to make the bend i dont know why or how i did it but the old girl went round! i had visions of my mate back tracking and finding a hole about sv size in the hedge, i really did fill my shorts! but in the end i think a scare every now and again does you good it slows you down a tad.
Old 09-05-06, 07:31 PM   #19
Razor

Quote:

Yeah, I've got one of those.
Old 09-05-06, 09:13 PM   #20
I'm_a_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
‘Well held’ by the sounds of it!

I bet you didn’t report it was there to the Police mind (so they can clear it before someone has a nasty)???

I am not trying to sound saintly, as … well I never report stuff like that myself, but I really should. We all should, we should be looking out for our bros' I suppose!!
I reported some spilled diesel on a bend on Skew Road Portchester, sure enough they came along to sort out the spill and left loads of sand to cover it up. Not as bad as diesel but still bad enough.