SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-05-06, 06:58 PM   #11
northwind
Mega Poster

For an encore, I suggest you do a lap of the M25 in rush hour

I've got an appointment with Ikea and the oh-so-handy Billy bookshelves. I could build my own, but why bother? Raw materials cost as much, almost- a 2 metrex60cm case with 6 shelves costs £30, that's about 8 metres of contiboard (or similiar) even without the back and shelf hardware. Ikea, how I love you.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-06, 08:15 PM   #12
jenni

been waiting for the brown poang cushions to come in stocks for months
Old 29-05-06, 09:31 PM   #13
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
For an encore, I suggest you do a lap of the M25 in rush hour

I've got an appointment with Ikea and the oh-so-handy Billy bookshelves. I could build my own, but why bother? Raw materials cost as much, almost- a 2 metrex60cm case with 6 shelves costs £30, that's about 8 metres of contiboard (or similiar) even without the back and shelf hardware. Ikea, how I love you.
i did the m5 for 5hours on saturday bl@@dy traffic!
Old 30-05-06, 12:09 PM   #14
Nick762

Oh the Ikea theme park, just right for a family day out.

They do have some good stuff tho' although I was a bit put off when watching Wifeswap a while ago to see that Jade Whatsherface from Big Brother had the same set of shelves that I have.

My grouse with them is that they are not geared to the single shopper. I couldn't take the trolley out into the car park because of all the barriers to stop you doing just that and the self same shelves were too big to put into the lockable cages where you can leave your trolley. Only solution was to carry the whole lot the full length of the car park which left me with some rather interesting bruises across my biceps leading to some searching questions the following day at work as to what I had been getting up to

From then on it was Wednesday evenigs only, never another Sunday let alone a Bank Holiday.
Old 30-05-06, 12:39 PM   #15
Viney
Mega Poster

I lost my keys in Croydon Ikea the weekend before last!! I wasnt best pleased. However after 8 laps, i found them again
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote