SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 20-07-06, 12:49 PM   #11
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by M65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Oh FFS people, put your pitchforks away.

Alton Towers is run by a private company and hires out to various groups throughout the year. Yet you dont get riled by those events, only by the fact that it happens to be a Muslim organised thing.

Take your discrimanatory views elsewhere please.
Just out of interest and for my own education, what other groups hire Alton Towers, be they religious or not?
Just digging it out of the 20 page thread on this from visordown.

Start with their corporate page:

http://www.alton-towers.co.uk/corporate/parkevents.asp effectively meaning that the park is for hire by any corporation.

Ive been informed by someone whos been they have gay only days - trying to find that on the site now. But no doubt that would be wrong too with you lot.

Old 20-07-06, 12:52 PM   #12
Peter Henry

For Muslim ladies is there not certain issues regarding their faces being seen by those not of their faith? Perhaps then a Muslim only day allows the ladies to do away with veils and enjoy themselves just like the rest of us would when enjoying the rides etc?

I have no idea if my comments are correct or not though.

Old 20-07-06, 12:53 PM   #13
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR_Tracy
Quote:
Originally Posted by M65
Its the one thing that will REALLY get me on my soap box and I wont come off it until Im dragged off! God it winds me up.
Speaker's corner for you Mr Mark. (It's in hyde park for those that aren't familiar LOL)...
Probably best if I pass - my health insurance simply wouldnt cover me!

Old 20-07-06, 12:58 PM   #14
TVR_Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Ive been informed by someone whos been they have gay only days - trying to find that on the site now. But no doubt that would be wrong too with you lot.
mmm I'd like to be a fly on the wall on that day

TAXI!!!

Old 20-07-06, 12:59 PM   #15
lynw

http://www.ultimateevents.org.uk/altontowers.aspx

Funny how there was no uproar over the Christian event held here.

Oh and while its ok for BT or any other corporation to book it [on their corporate site you will find Suzuki have done this, so is that discriminatory against all non-Suzuki owners too? ] its not ok for Islamic Leisure to do so.

All it means is if you want to go on that day is you buy through IL. Its not restricted to muslims only, only they have booked the place for that day.

So can we put the torches down now?

Old 20-07-06, 12:59 PM   #16
Swiss

If it is a private event for private hire then there is no argument as it will be invitees only, if however it is something instigated by AT then you can rightfully get on your boxes.

For thoses of you that don't Know Tussuad's is owned by an Arab Company, one of the Shieks from Dubai bought it a year or two ago, not that I'm suggesting this has anything to do with this event.

Old 20-07-06, 12:59 PM   #17
sharriso74

Quote:
“We’re trying to get Muslims to go to this day because they wouldn’t normally go somewhere like Alton Towers. We’re trying to integrate Muslims into the wider community. People can come down and see the way we live. It will be a peaceful family environment
So having a single faith day is intergration?

I don't believe that Alton Towers should hire the park out to ANY minority group be it Christian, Great British Bird Watching Society, Alcoholics Anonomous or Gay - I think if Alton Towers do hire the park out they should at least have the decency to do it in the closed Season.

Old 20-07-06, 01:02 PM   #18
TVR_Tracy

Perhaps it's cos they have special halal food on that day?

Old 20-07-06, 01:04 PM   #19
carty

I have to agree with Cuffy, and others in saying this is ridiculous and PC gone mad. I too am not racist in any way,(I come from a multicultural family) and I think it is fair to say that it is the organisers of the day who are being disciminatory in this case. Why do they have to organise a separate event for Muslims? Or gays? Or old people or whoever? The rest of the time the park is open there is surely a complete mix of all these 'groups' of people in there anyway so why have this 'special day'? It is the organisers of things like this that highlight differences and cause divides, by implying it is necessary to have a 'X only' day for the people involved to be able to enjoy themselves.

/end rant!

BTW I haven't been to Alton Towers for years, last new ride I went on was 'Air' - anyone been on any newer rides than this and recommend going again?

Old 20-07-06, 01:06 PM   #20
cuffy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ixuknews.html

So because this so called minority group have hired the park for the day this couple have got to abide by there rules...
Complete bollox if you ask me

Also theres no music allowed, no alcohol, no gambling.
Instead there will be prayer areas, Muslim stalls and all food served will be HALAL.
Taking things a little too far to compensate thier needs imho

Closed Thread