SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-09-06, 03:01 PM   #11
Ward8124

I rode from cambridge at a constant 80mph on the motorway and managed to get about 200 on my k5, weather was hot too and i reckon she had more in her but i bottled it and filled her up anyway
Old 05-09-06, 03:18 PM   #12
minifun

I get 150 ish before the light comes on! When I was touring round Ireland I managed 180! I have just put those new fancy NGK spark plugs in and thats given me an average or 15 miles more per tank Well worth doing.
Old 05-09-06, 05:56 PM   #13
CheekyLemon

I did have a look at the site Grinch, got quite addicted. Read a few posts I did indeedy.

The Bandit apparently holds 20 litres, and it has 5 blobs on the lcd display that indicate the fuel gauge. Apparently when the last blob starts flashing you have 2 litres left. I filled up today when it started flashing and got £14 in her. I had done 170 miles or so.
Old 05-09-06, 06:05 PM   #14
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyLemon
I did have a look at the site Grinch, got quite addicted. Read a few posts I did indeedy.

The Bandit apparently holds 20 litres, and it has 5 blobs on the lcd display that indicate the fuel gauge. Apparently when the last blob starts flashing you have 2 litres left. I filled up today when it started flashing and got £14 in her. I had done 170 miles or so.
The bandits do rather well on fuel... a friend of mind as a 6 and it seems to go on forever... just get your carbs clean and take it easy on the throttle.

Glad you liked the site... the other one is 'less' bike related.
Old 05-09-06, 08:42 PM   #15
kwak zzr

my cousin just sold his bandit and whenever we were out and filled up with petrol my sv did the same miles on less fuel than his bandit( alot less ) and hes a carefull rider and i'm a tit!
Old 05-09-06, 09:44 PM   #16
JimPSV

I get about 120-130 miles to a tank on my K5 650s, then the light is normally on solid! Don't push your luck like I did though, I wanted to see how far i could go on a tank and ran out on a motorway slip road... I wont be doing that again in a hurry.
Old 05-09-06, 10:58 PM   #17
northwind
Mega Poster

Ah, the fuel economy thread. That time already?

Mine varies madly. Motorway bashing, I can do 150 or so to a tank but I'm sputtering when I reach the station- but I was only getting 120 or so on the way back from the AR, with the luggage and the frankly ludicrous average speeds I ride quite efficiently on motorways though, and the mods mean it makes more power at 4000rpm than most do at 6, and more at about 7 than most do anywhere, so I get more bang for my, er, bang.

Riding around, I can drain a tank in about 70 or get 130, depending entirely on what I'm doing.

Worth mentioning that A) My miles are about 10% longer than yours because of the rear-wheel speedo, ie they're almost accurate while yours are too small and B) 180 jets drink fuel if you let them. That's what you put in a Firestorm if you start to tune it...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-06, 06:02 PM   #18
Heed

I've just managed 148 miles until the fuel light started flashing at me. I've just got the bike so I've not been riding it too hard but have been throttle happy now and then. That was from a tank filled tot he brim on the sidestand so it would have taken a wee bit more had the bike been upright.
Old 06-09-06, 06:27 PM   #19
valleyboy

Pooo... my tank is bigger than you lots.. and I get less mileage as well!

130 ish until Fuel light comes on.. dont want to run too much longer after that...

ohh.. its not an SV either!