SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-10-07, 02:19 PM   #11
Pedrosa

Default Re: House prices

Property market crash? Hate to dissapoint but that really is not going to happen. The occasional slow down perhaps but the UK property market is a solid one. All that you might see is at times the price increases pegged back rather than striding forward.

The only real option is to select carefully a location in which you can afford to buy. Those areas with the greater demand are always going to be difficult for the first time buyer to get a hold of.
Old 21-10-07, 08:17 AM   #12
Jase22

Move up North, plenty of cheap(er) housing up here. Bought my 3 bed semi for £105k last April.
Old 21-10-07, 08:34 AM   #13
Alpinestarhero

Warthog, I get upset too. I would like to be able to get somewhere to live with Maria when I finish uni and get a job. She;s saving up for a deposit, I'm trying to save as much of my loan as possible, so we got something to start with when I finish uni in july

But at this rate, I feel like we'll be back and forth from our parents houses until we're about....78...

Matt
Old 21-10-07, 11:04 AM   #14
kwak zzr

the housing market is fueled by supply and demand but i just can see how people can afford to pay for a house nowadays? the UK is just going to get into shi# loads of dept, and the house buyers get a lifetime of dept and no money to actually live there life on.
Old 21-10-07, 01:43 PM   #15
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
the housing market is fueled by supply and demand but i just can see how people can afford to pay for a house nowadays? the UK is just going to get into shi# loads of dept, and the house buyers get a lifetime of dept and no money to actually live there life on.
If one thing could cause a housing market crash its going to be that, people going bust after taking out huge mortgages and not being able to repay them. reversing the supply and demand.

Pedrosa, yes i agree that it is unlikley to happen but surely the house price increase cant keep going up as fast as it is, wages are not increasing at the same rate at all. and the banks are not going to keep upping the ammount they loan to say 10x your wage, its not a good bet for them.

something is going to have to give soon.
Old 21-10-07, 08:44 PM   #16
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I agree with Neio on this.Supply and demand is one thing but affordability will ultimately dictate a substantial fall.We already have got to the point where first time buyers are out of the market,so the rest of the chain will stop too.
No economy can live forever on virtual values propped up by nothing more than ever rising debt.There has to be some substance to back it up,and that is missing from the entire economy here.
Old 21-10-07, 10:06 PM   #17
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22 View Post
Move up North, plenty of cheap(er) housing up here. Bought my 3 bed semi for £105k last April.
Shushhhh. keep it quite.. other wise we'll 'ave all them southern folk nicking our jobs and riding our roads...
Old 22-10-07, 06:51 AM   #18
gettin2dizzy

The 80s crash was fuelled by fear of unemployment. Sadly I think we're going to turn like europe: where you have these super-landloards who sit hoggin all the property and make money out of everyone else.
Old 22-10-07, 10:32 AM   #19
Pedro68

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
But at this rate, I feel like we'll be back and forth from our parents houses until we're about....78...

Matt
Or until yours and Maria's parents die and leave you their homes ... then you'll have TWO homes ... and you'll be WELL on your way to becoming one of those "super-landlords" as you'll probably rent one out ... which will pay for the other, and then you can work as whatever you like because ALL your income will pretty much be "disposable"

Does the future seem brighter now Matt?

Or shall I just take me rose-tinted specs off LOL
Old 22-10-07, 12:27 PM   #20
kwak zzr

its in yesterdays News of the World about a harrods dolls house with a £35,000 price tag! and to compare a house in Accrington up for sale for the same price! so do you buy your child a dolls house or a real house for the same price?