SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-07, 05:56 PM   #11
Pedrosa

Default Re: Something strange is happening

Due to my convent upbringing I only snort the communion wine in a frugal manner these days. It got to the stage that I know drinking was not sufficiently enjoyable to accept the hangovers that followed.

My worst ever hangover.......and my last was at my sons christening,(way too many bottles of a ****ty white wine called Santa maria) he is now 17! Never again!
Old 27-10-07, 07:59 PM   #12
metalmonkey

Yeah maybe its my body's way of saying stop putting crap in me! I dought its a sugar problem as I drink coke ect and suffer no ill effect.

I will go to the doctors any way to see if they shed some light onto it, in case its a blood sugar problem, which I very much dought it is. Its not casue of age I'm 27 ain't old!

It might a case stop drinking hey ho, but I still have a fine bottle of mexican tequlia and a bottle of JD left.....ummm
Old 27-10-07, 10:11 PM   #13
seedy100

Yep - I've got the same problem.

Used to drink untill I fell over, with minimal after effects.

Then I got totaly ratarsed on still cider at a party.
I was for days!

Eversince about a pint and my chheks star going numb! 2 pints and I am incoherent and can expect the mother of all hangovers the next day.

That was about 30 years ago!

The wife,god rest her soul, says its my body getting revenge for years of abuse. - sad thing is I think she's right.
Old 27-10-07, 11:57 PM   #14
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Boc View Post
It's not a problem up North as we tend not to drink shandy......
+1
Old 28-10-07, 10:51 AM   #15
Miss Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
I seem to have lost all tolerance to beerwhat on earth is going on? I get bad head aches the next day just after one, I know ha ha light weight, but it happnes all the time now! Had one last night bad head ache all day.....
May have to stop totally shick, wouldn't be bad a thing but a beer is good have somethimes!

I wonder can you become become allergic to something after having drank/taken for err a long time? Anything simalar every happened to anyone else?
Before this happened, did you drink alot on a regular basis then stop? If so, you would have gradually built up a tolereance level and been able to handle X amount of pints before the effects hit you. In other words - you might have drunk more as time went along to get the same inital effect

Your tolerenace level has probably dropped and thats why you cant handle as much beer. Plus your body changes as you get older

Maria
Old 28-10-07, 03:33 PM   #16
ASM-Forever

I diagnose a possible case of the ghey.

Spend more time in your local boozer, quaffing as much as you can get your hands on. That should remedy the situation.
Old 28-10-07, 07:26 PM   #17
philsv650n

well im guessing if you like drinking this isnt a good thing to loose your tolerenace to it, recently i have just become lactose intollerant which means i cant drink milk or eat anything that has lots in it certain things im alright with but something like a cup of tea might give me gut ache for hours on end. not good as i used to live on tea morning noon and night
Old 28-10-07, 07:28 PM   #18
Miss Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsv650n View Post
well im guessing if you like drinking this isnt a good thing to loose your tolerenace to it, recently i have just become lactose intollerant which means i cant drink milk or eat anything that has lots in it certain things im alright with but something like a cup of tea might give me gut ache for hours on end. not good as i used to live on tea morning noon and night
You can buy lactose intolerance milk. My mum has the same problem as you and that milk still lets her drink her cuppa tea's .

Maria
Old 29-10-07, 01:28 AM   #19
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Could just be a case of dehydration.

If your constantly dehydrated the just a pint or to can cause you to get really dehydrated and give you bad headaches, also if your dehydrated then you don't remove the toxins from your body quickly/effectively enough and this can give you similar problems.

Try to drink a couple of litres of water a day for a week or two, cut down on the tea/coffe cola etc and then give a couple of pints another try.

The upside of this is that come the the end of your mini-detox you get to drink in the name of science/medical research to see if you get the same results. The other half/significant other/friends/family can't complain cuz your testing a theory out!!

HTH

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-07, 01:31 AM   #20
phil24_7
Mega Poster

By the way, I am dehydrated alot due to random sleep/eating/drinking habits and what your describing is similar to what I get much of the time.

Just try to sleep and drink more as this helps the body immensely (never underestimate the power of a bit of water and a good nights sleep!).

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote