SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-04-09, 09:43 AM   #191
MCN_LiamM

Default Re: Football banter

Hmm...

I read somewhere that the majority of teams battling to avoid relegation in the Championship are on the brink of administration.. Bad times
Old 01-04-09, 09:52 AM   #192
keithd

indeed. charlton are struggling, i thought they were still under the premiership parachute payments tho...

its a great league the championship, far more competitive that the prem - in terms of who can win it. be a shame if we drop out. but hey ho ce se ra etc
Old 01-04-09, 09:57 AM   #193
Owenski

SUUUUUUUUUPERRRR SUUUUUPER LEEDS!

Bit of a clue in the name but yeah Im a Leeds fan, bring on the abuse...
Old 01-04-09, 09:59 AM   #194
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post

i have inlaws that are all Leeds so i have some affection for them.

you'll be screwed if you dont go up this season, beckford will be off (and i dont mean sent off - for a change) to pastures new...
Old 01-04-09, 10:00 AM   #195
MCN_LiamM

Quote:

As if the word L**ds isn't cancelled out by the swear filter!

You go to watch them regularly?
Old 01-04-09, 10:17 AM   #196
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
bentnar couldnt score if his job depended on it... oh wait...
Never since Ali Dia played 10minutes or something for Southamton has a player looked so out of place on a football pitch!

Leeds arn't on TV very often, so out of conveniance than I've been some what of an Arsenal follower myself this season. Most of their games seem to be shown on Sky which is the main reason But OMG!"!"!"! Bentner is crapper than crap, the other week when he had an open net, and hit the post then the keeper with the rebound. I think that was just after another miss, then again in the champions league he is a truely hopeless player. Once Walcott and Edurdo are totally match fit so summer really, he has to go! Maybe he could do the same as Evra and go to a reasonable club and perform like an exceptional player but while he remains at an exceptional club he is going to perform like a tool! ... end rant
Old 01-04-09, 10:21 AM   #197
MCN_LiamM

Quote:
Leeds arn't on TV very often
And when you are, this happens!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist
Old 01-04-09, 10:34 AM   #198
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
you'll be screwed if you dont go up this season, beckford will be off (and i dont mean sent off - for a change) to pastures new...
It would help if he didnt get sent off in the last 5 mintues of 2 of our games which were already won! He is a player we need if we want the promotion.

People give Rooney abuse for been petty but Beckford is terrible. Fortunatley you get away with it more in Leage One than in the premiership purely becuase the refs in the premiership are very aware that one of the 600 cameras covering the game will have spotted it, so they have to act. Beckford will have to grow up to play in Championship or higher. 31 goals so far this season despite twice been suspended and a 6 week thigh strain is a stat which is sure to get him noticed.
Our squad is pretty well balanced at the moment, we've got 50% of League one level players and I'd say 50% of Championship level players. The obvious down side is that if we dont go up we stand to lose the better half of our team come summer
Then again if we go up and go shopping, we may be able to afford Benter in summer loll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCN_LiamM View Post
You go to watch them regularly?
I cant afford to go regularly, I get to maybe 5 games a season. More if there are evening or cup games which are generally cheaper. I used to play on Saturdays myself so its something I just never had the chance to get into doin and now have no chance of been able to afford to do.

What about you, are you a town faithful?
Old 01-04-09, 10:38 AM   #199
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCN_LiamM View Post
And when you are, this happens!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist

Fair one!
Old 01-04-09, 10:39 AM   #200
MCN_LiamM

Quote:
I cant afford to go regularly, I get to maybe 5 games a season. More if there are evening or cup games which are generally cheaper. I used to play on Saturdays myself so its something I just never had the chance to get into doin and now have no chance of been able to afford to do.

What about you, are you a town faithful?
Pretty much. Although this year is the only season I've not had a season ticket 'cos I moved away and things. But I've been to plenty of matches by using my Mum's season ticket.

Hopefully get one for next season.

Been a season ticket holder since I was young enough to have one.