SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 06-10-16, 02:35 PM   #2161
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Have a rough idea what you mean but cannot remember what effect the filters have.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-16, 09:31 PM   #2162
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Not much to report today but
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-Sup...-/302093052586
Lens looks rough (but may be usable) but the body is working, and my money is on it being fine. I have one of these and it's a great piece of kit. Bayonet mount lenses, a range of auto exposure options, 1/2000 top shutter speed.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 07:10 AM   #2163
Kenzie

Will pop it on the watch list. Wonder how Yoko is getting on in China.
Old 08-10-16, 06:40 PM   #2164
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-Sup...-/302100548293
It's been relist at £8 and has one bid on it

Finally got back to the Certo today. The shutter speeds are a bit slow, 1.3s for the 1s, up to 1/70 for the 1/100 and 1/140 I think for the 1/250. Not ideal but they are max half a stop over-exposing, except the top speed of course. I can't get the shutter back onto the struts though, the ring on the back goes on a bit then is solid, I think the threads have started to chew up so will take it in to work and see if they can clean them up. Also T only works if you operate the shutter from the lever that sticks out of the shutter, not the spiky one on the front, it needs just a little more travel than that will allow. I could bend a piece inside a bit more to fix it but it's been bent enough so I didn't want to risk it as you'd lose B as well if it broke. Anyway it didn't jam once, so it was just me clamping it in my fingers too tight, but rearranging the shutter leaves should also ensure it has less chance of catching on something.

Off to Spain tomorrow so will be incommunicado until I get back at the end of the week.
Old 08-10-16, 06:47 PM   #2165
Kenzie

So I'm being left all on my own? I popped a bid on the Super A but no more than £10. No worries on the Certo as I don't use the timer or the bulb setting to be honest. You going to take any cameras with you?

Last edited by Kenzie; 08-10-16 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-10-16, 08:37 PM   #2166
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

The K2 is coming with me, locked and loaded with a roll of Poundland's best.

No idea what a Super A goes for, nothing seems to go for that much except a few of the big ones - LX of course, MX, K2 sometimes - but most of the rest don't seem to attract a lot of attention.
Old 08-10-16, 08:40 PM   #2167
Kenzie

Just loaded a roll of expired Konica 120 into the Kodak Cresta 3. Snaps are shut until 1st November so I will need to wait until then to send of anymore medium format. I also have a roll of AGFA 200 126 film expired 1998 to try in the Rank camera I bought. Not hoping for much but its worth a try. My expired batch also came with two rolls of AGFA Vista 200 and a roll of Colorama Smart Film. No idea what or who made it but its worth a go.
Old 09-10-16, 02:09 PM   #2168
yokohama

My act is slowly coming together and I've got a half decent internet connection. If I go in through the uni's portal, it acts as a king of VPN, which helps.
Flight out wasn't too bad; 75 minutes to Amsterdam, 75 minutes wait but plenty of time to choose whisky and then 8hrs 40 out here. I'm now 7 hours ahead and my body hasn't caught up yet.
I haven't taken any pictures apart from a couple on the phone. Saturday I spent hunting for film and it took me ages. I think this is the entire stock for a city of over 10 million people, found in a little second hand camera shop.

my next problem will be to find processing but I think the shop guy knows somewhere. I bought fujicolour and hp5, both 400 ASA as its a little grey here. They had Rollei RPX B&W; any good?
Prices are about the same as here.
I've been gorging myself on spicy rabbit heads and roasted pig brains....
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-16, 02:13 PM   #2169
Kenzie

Must not turn green with envy! Not about the food, but the shop! There looks to be a couple of TLR type cameras by his head. We are planning a trip to Tokyo for our 20th anniversary to try and top our trip to Vegas. Not tried Rollie film, any 127 film out there?
Old 09-10-16, 02:31 PM   #2170
yokohama

Didn't see any 127 but he had some 120.
Japan is great; I've been there a few time to visit the in-laws but try to get out of Tokyo if you can. That said, if you're looking for cameras, you'll find plenty there. I've looked into hiring a bike out there but it's about £70 a day!!
Here is expensive for imported cameras. The shop had an old rollei - not sure what model for 2000 rmb. (I think the rate is about 9 to a pound) a Zuiko 50mm 1.2 for 3000 and a minolta x700 with 1.4 for 1000. He had a few German bellows cameras too but they were really really expensive. I'll take more pics next time I go back for film.
I'd imagine Japan would be cheaper and more choice.
From what I understand, there's a second hand electrics area somewhere that sells cameras so I'll try to find that sometime. See if I can pick up any old Chinese machines.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote