SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 25-10-16, 09:17 PM   #2221
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Post office today, you should hopefully have a present soon Kenzie! Also the Kodak EK8 sold to a guy in NY state, USA. I put it down for £10 Royal Mail economy, which is true, but they don't tell you that it's surface mail and take 6 weeks to get to the US! He'd asked me to confirm the postage but I didn't realise the time! So I spun the extra fiver for air mail instead. Was fuming. He's offered to send me the difference which is good of him, it's £10 purchase plus £15 postage in that case! But apparently hard to find over there as they were never sold in the US. I'm happy to put international postage on again but will check it out even more next time, maybe add a couple of options. The other things I sold overseas were Norway and Portugal and arrived in a week or less - wonder if they were surface mail too, though they're just a ferry ride away.

Spent a chunk of the day at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, which is much more cool (esp for kids) that it might seem. Big park, loads of trees, so you keep finding more and more new things. Took our cameras, my K2 and my daughter with her Fuji snapper, need to copy the pics off it. Had a session after lunch to build your own sculpture, ours was a family of giant squid made from tyres and piping, among other things. Her quote on Henry Moore: "I'm not going to build something as terrible as that!"
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-16, 06:35 AM   #2222
Kenzie

Cool, will let you know when it arrives. Really need to get out and shoot some more, all the Autumn colours are out. My wife might be working this weekend so I will try and get out with a couple of cameras. At least you managed to move it on and they were ok with the postage. Sounds like you had a good day.

Sent from my Xperia
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-16, 05:30 PM   #2223
Kenzie

Got my Canon Dial today, didn't realise it needs a 1.35v mercury battery. Will instead be given a 1.5v replacement so I cannot test the shutter yet (might as yet be faulty). It is a lot bigger than I expected. I also received my Ektar 120 order so I will respool some onto 620 spools and try out My Hawkeye flash.

Last edited by Kenzie; 26-10-16 at 06:03 PM.
Old 27-10-16, 05:01 PM   #2224
Kenzie

Hey Johnny, got the package back. I see what you mean about the missing focus stop on the Certo. Will have to figure something out. Can see a small screw hole near to where it would have been. Will load up the Bessa and take it out this weekend if I get time.
Edit

Just loaded the Bessa and noticed that the film numbers on the backing won't line up with the red windows. I spooled a whole film and nothing. I flipped the film around and wound it back and noticed that I could see the edge of the numbers. I seem to have to run the film backwards!

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-10-16 at 05:29 PM.
Old 27-10-16, 05:59 PM   #2225
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Hmm curious about the Bessa, is there anything in t'internet about it? I'm also a bit bemused about the Certo, it doesn't add up. If you see my earlier complicated post then it might make more sense now with it in your hand, but then again may not! I am going to go over my Bessa 66 soon and it has a similar kind of stop, maybe it'll make a bit more sense when I look at it.
Old 27-10-16, 06:02 PM   #2226
Kenzie

Have asked on the Flickr thread for the FPP and will see what they say.

FPP say that the Ektar numbers are off slightly and the Bessa is one of the few cameras that can't cope with it.

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-10-16 at 08:56 PM.
Old 28-10-16, 12:43 PM   #2227
Kenzie

Just won a BX20 plus Pentacon lens. £9 plus postage. Just reloaded the Bessa with some HP5+ and the numbers now show correctly.

Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 28-10-16 at 06:53 PM.
Old 28-10-16, 08:11 PM   #2228
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Interesting about the Bessa, I'd wondered if the film made a difference. You got your BX20! I still have to figure out the problems with mine before sending it on its way.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camer...us./1196322129
Nice M42 set up if you're in the Bristol area. 50mm f1.4 on there, very tasty.
Old 28-10-16, 08:23 PM   #2229
Kenzie

It did make a difference, Kodak only print one set of 6x9 numbers whereas everybody else prints two sets right next to each other. So effectively Kodak are 1cm out and hidden by the film door. Slightly annoying but will try other colour 120 in it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-16, 08:48 PM   #2230
Kenzie

Hope this helps? The Kodak backing doesn't have the inner set of numbers

But yes, won a BX.

Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 28-10-16 at 09:10 PM.