SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-10-16, 09:33 AM   #2231
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

What a nugget. Took my Zorki 10 out and took a few shots and guess what...
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 10:58 AM   #2232
Kenzie

Minolta 16 ii by Matt McKenzie, on Flickr

Minolta 16 ii by Matt McKenzie, on Flickr
Old 29-10-16, 12:47 PM   #2233
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Lens cap on or no film? Minolta 16, seem to remember someone else having one of those? Should be interesting to get that one going!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-16, 12:51 PM   #2234
Kenzie

No film! I also picked up another Minolta 16mm from the same guy for £2 and it has an exposed film inside and a mint Canon camera bag for £3 to keep my AE 1P and lenses in. Also saw a Cosmic symbol in pretty bad shape so I left it where it was. The kit was £14.
Had a quick look at the focus on the Certo, looks to be ok. As long as I don't unwind it past four feet I should be ok. Have loaded some Ektar. Can't set it to bulb mode though.

Last edited by Kenzie; 29-10-16 at 06:33 PM.
Old 29-10-16, 06:46 PM   #2235
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

For T or B you don't cokk the shutter, just operate the shutter release. T struggles to latch but you could try it with a cable release as the extra slop of the external lever doesn't help, or just use it on B with a cable release. Remember, do not adjust the shutter speed once it is cokked.
Old 29-10-16, 07:15 PM   #2236
Kenzie

Ah, makes sense. Film loaded now so will see. Can't believe it's back together! Taking my nephew out tomorrow so will take the Certo along.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Old 29-10-16, 08:44 PM   #2237
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Good luck with it! I don't like unfinished jobs but maybe you can get it to focus.
Old 30-10-16, 11:17 AM   #2238
yokohama

Lots of reading to catch up on in these pages. I see you've been buying again Kenzie. I want to buy at least one not-so-expensive Chinese camera while I'm out here although I've failed to find anywhere selling lots of them yet but I have another lead to follow up later. The OM10 will be staying out here, but I've still got the one from you at home. She wanted an Olympus so I got one off ebay for her. I haven't seen any 127 film but I can have a look next time I'm in the film shop if you are after some.
It's certainly interesting out here. Food is good, high speed trains are great and there are some good places to see but it's really busy. Really hard to take photos as there are thousands of selfie stick wielding daytrippers everywhere who are prepared to - physically- push you out of the way to get in for their photo. I got shoulder charged by a granny yesterday, but it's normal. Very different culture and way of thinking.
It's still grey but the temp has suddenly dropped by about 8 degrees and it's a lot colder. Was out today walking by the river and took a few pics with the TZ9 but the grey really messes with the background, colours and definition.
Once I finish the film in the OM10, I'll move on to the Trip, try to get a few street shots and maybe try some night pics.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 11:23 AM   #2239
Kenzie

Sounds like you are having a good time. Yes, most definitely buying again. Out today with the Lubitel, newly reassembled Certo and one of my Auto 110s. Even if they had 127 film I would have thought it would be expensive. Its getting a bit like that in London. A lot of the tourists use selfie sticks. I have also been lining up a shot and had someone push in front of me.

Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-10-16 at 08:05 PM.
Old 30-10-16, 08:01 PM   #2240
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Quick one, check out this bad boy in picture no.3 complete with Waterhouse stops
http://www.gumtree.com/p/antiques/fo...ras/1196475992