SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 30-10-16, 08:03 PM   #2241
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Wow, that's quite a collection!
Got through seven shots on the Certo, four more left. It has quite a bit of weight behind it, a couple of niggles are you have to open the note door to see the red windows and the shutter release isn't the easiest to use. Also fired off eight from the Lubitel and managed to drop the Auto 110, luckily its ok.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-10-16 at 08:07 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-16, 09:54 PM   #2242
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Your trip sounds ace, Yoko, I love exploring places.

The Certo shutter is a bit odd but I sort of like it. Yeah opening the flap is a pain, but the intention was to use the automatic frame spacing, though I'm not sure it's accurate enough. That and I've forgotten how. Mine has a tendency to slip off the slot in the film spool, I had more success putting the film in backwards; not sure if it was the fault of the spool.

Should be a good time to get out and look for autumn colour, things are changing up here.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-16, 06:31 AM   #2243
Kenzie

Automatic film spacing? Does mine have that?
Yeah I am thinking the same thing about the Autumn colours, been getting a bit foggy here as well over the last couple of days. Got plenty to shoot with, just got to find the time!

Last edited by Kenzie; 31-10-16 at 07:53 AM.
Old 31-10-16, 12:52 PM   #2244
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

https://flic.kr/p/tTWe5
and the next page. If you look at the film knob it has numbers, though they are not evenly spaced, as the film spool gets thicker as you wind it on. Would be worth a test to set it to your current frame number and see if it matches the red windows. It's pretty rudimentary I think (though Certo were pretty good) and may not work as film backing paper now is thinner than it used to be, this is also a problem with some Super Ikontas. There are workarounds - the thickness isn't greatly different. I think you can wrap the fixing tape around the spool as well to thicken it, there are things on line if you google for Super Ikonta frame spacing fix.
Old 31-10-16, 02:55 PM   #2245
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

http://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camer...net/1190605100
Old 31-10-16, 05:36 PM   #2246
Kenzie

Hey Johnny, what was wrong with your BX20 again? Just read it will only fire at 1/90 with dead or no battery.

Sent from my Xperia
Old 31-10-16, 05:58 PM   #2247
Kenzie

Seen it all now. A camera fridge!
Old 31-10-16, 08:53 PM   #2248
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yep it'll only fire at one speed, although it does have a battery in it - I think there is no power reaching the solenoids, though not sure why. The meter reads 2-3 stops wrong, may or may not be related. The battery seems fine, it's 6V though so will have to rig up a temporary replacement to see if that's the problem. The LEDs for the meter look bright, so it's not simply dead. Am hoping it'll be some simple problem like the battery and rest is fine. Not got around to it! Not sure when I will actually, loads going on at work and at home. Having another clearout so might knock out the Bessa 66 as well. Not looked at my Contessa yet, except with longing.
Old 31-10-16, 09:47 PM   #2249
Kenzie

Just sticking the covering back down on the BX at the mo and then I'll give it a good cleaning. Took the battery out of my AE-1 (which seems to now have Canon cough) and the BX fires on all speeds. Wind lever makes a funny click at the end of its stroke though. Also someone has snapped the rewind crank and just glued it back together. Works though. Can't complain for £9 considering I was mostly after the lens.
Old 01-11-16, 09:48 AM   #2250
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

When winding mine on it doesn't exactly sound refined, and yes there is a sort of click at the end as it latches.