SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 18-09-14, 12:48 PM   #221
MisterTommyH

Default Re: I can't believe it? Independence?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post

If we win, the poop flying up here from Westminster will be unbelievable. You think you've seen bullying, just wait till we get a YES vote. Probably make us liable for the total deficit they have created.

If we lose and stay in UK, we can grab our ankles. No extra powers & less funding. Anything remotely favouring the Scots will be voted down for the next 10 years.
Do you judge people by your own standards?
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 01:45 PM   #222
Bibio
Mega Poster

Scotsmen are argumentative to the point of being obnoxious.

Scotsmen from D&G are even more so due to not having any faith in Westminster to see them right, the reason for this would be due to the fact that D&G was an area that made its livelihood from livestock and namely cattle. when the BSE hit the UK it basically wiped out the livelihood of the people from D&G and when asked for funding to get things moving again they received pretty much nothing in the way of grants or funding from Westminster. so this turned a relatively prosperous area into a ghost town pretty much overnight. D&G is slowly recovering but this is by the sheer determination of the residents of D&G to regain their livelihood again. the D&G framers are up to their eyeballs in debt all because when they asked for help they were told to fek off.

SIII is a resident of D&G so you might now understand why he is so bitter towards Westminster and judges politicians by their standards.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 01:57 PM   #223
SIII
Mega Poster

Angry Re: I can't believe it? Independence?????

"Scotsmen are argumentative to the point of being obnoxious" - I am, when I know, I am in the right !!! Thanks for the support Bib's.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scots-w...rage-1-1153477

"The research found only workers in Aberdeen and Edinburgh earned more than the £31,323 average taken home by full-time workers across the UK. But even Aberdeen – with Scotland's highest average salary of 35,959 in 2008 – was still more than £10,000 a year behind average London earnings of £46,462.

The lowest wages in Scotland were in Inverclyde, where the £21,698 average was almost one-third below typical UK earnings. Earnings in rural areas such as the Borders, Moray and Dumfries and Galloway were also well below typical British salaries."

And you wonder why we want to leave this union ??? Our average salary is half the London average !!!

Last edited by SIII; 18-09-14 at 01:59 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 02:11 PM   #224
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

And how will independence change that?

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 02:31 PM   #225
SIII
Mega Poster

By being a bigger part of a wee country, migjt actually get support from government, rather than totally forgotten.
Old 18-09-14, 02:57 PM   #226
Bibio
Mega Poster

at first it wont and its not until Scotland can have a growing economy that wages will rise. even if the vote is in favour for Scotland being an independent country its going to take a very very long time before everything is sorted out between Westminster and Holyrood and TBH i doubt that i will still be alive to see it. as a yes voter i'm placing my trust in the politicians and the people behind the scenes to do good for the future of Scotland just like i place my trust right now on Westminster to do so being in the union.

if i'm going to tell the truth i almost changed my vote due to the views of Gordon Brown who at heart should actually be in my view a yes voter as he stands to gain if Scotland become independent as i will bet top dollar that Labour will be where SNP are right now come the first election in an independent Scotland. but i looked at the bigger picture and i see hard times ahead for Scotland be it in the union or out the union. hopefully Scotland will have a fighting chance out of the union in the distant future so the people and the country i love can have a more prosperous life.

if it does not work for Scotland people always have the choice of going where the grass is greener just like they do right now so nothing will change in that respect, if however Scotland does become a prosperous country the tables will turn and we will see an influx of population which will in turn make for a stronger economy.

i have cast my vote and i now have to wait for the results. the polling station i was at is busy.

on a side note, if you wanted to commit a crime in Scotland right now would be the time to do so as i reckon there is a polismin outside every polling station in Scotland. now where did i put that ski mask... lol
Old 18-09-14, 03:18 PM   #227
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

ski mask you say.... its still in my bedroom from last time you were round...

I can understand why people are voting yes I see their arguments, some of which I agree with but i see too much hatred and bile.

My main hope if we do go independent is the fat idiot Salmond doesn't get a bloody statue put up... Oh and by some miracle an independent Scotland needs someone who can half pay Pensions to what little servicepeople we will have, and they can find jobs for all the people in the Helensburgh area that are reliant on that base round the corner. Then again when we ask to join Nato the stipulation will be the subs stay, so there's one broken promise already.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-14, 03:35 PM   #228
Bibio
Mega Poster

i could be wrong on this but i think the only reason Scotland cant drill for oil off the west coast right now is because of Trident. take Trident away and oil drilling begins which will create a loooot more civil jobs than there are at the moment with Trident. look at Aberdeen it was sorry to say a pizzpot shizzhole of a place before oil was struck. but unlike in the union Scotland can barter for a better deal with the oil giants for the rights to drill.

i know you fear for your job as much as i fear a cut in benefits but what might be might be and we ALL have to work towards making it right. i stand to loose my nice new car, Lorna possibly being put into state care, my house then getting taken off me because Lorna's name is on the lease which would also mean that both my son's would also be homeless, then being forced to find employment after being out of work for 8 years in a market full of people just being made redundant, having to sell all of my possessions to make ends meet till i can find a job so no more car, bike, tools, TV... do i need to go on.
Old 18-09-14, 03:43 PM   #229
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

The way Westminster have put it, we'll have this:

or

By the time of full independence. The minute duty is altered (up or down by either side) the border will come into force

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote