SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-15, 04:20 PM   #221
SvNewbie

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaylor38 View Post
Not a chance IMO.

I've read his autobiography and follow abit of what guy does.

I dont think he'd be the slightest bit interested. He doesnt like being in the spotlight so much and is very fussy about what tv work he does. He picks and chooses the decent stuff, as he doesnt want to become 'just another tv presenter
Have to agree with you, much as I like all of the stuff Guy Martin has done I don't think he'd be right for all the scripted ******** that they do.

In fact, that's probably why I like the programs he has done, because it doesn't have scripted ****.
Old 12-03-15, 04:36 PM   #222
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNewbie View Post
Have to agree with you, much as I like all of the stuff Guy Martin has done I don't think he'd be right for all the scripted ******** that they do.

In fact, that's probably why I like the programs he has done, because it doesn't have scripted ****.
Too right mate.

Wouldnt do it even if he got the £1.5 million a year that clarkson got i dont think, the job just isnt him.

He isnt over bothered about money, he lives off the truck fitting wage and doesnt touch the racing salary it says in his book.

He doesnt use the pits at the TT, he uses a mates house in order to try n get out the spotlight and keep away from the fans abit.

Also talk of this being his last TT, As he doesnt like how well broadcasted it is. He'd go back to £12 an hour truck fitting.

Kinda feel sorry for him in a way, he just wants to be himself and do his own thing, but he cant escape from the media. Cant be easy tbh.
Old 12-03-15, 06:50 PM   #223
SIII
Mega Poster

Cool Re: Top Gear is back

Guy Martin - If you read his biography, you will see he has been diagnosed with Aspergers, this is on the autism spectrum. it explains a lot why he is solely focussed on riding his bike and cannot be arsed with all the fame and attention. Watch him on telly, rarely ever looks at the camera.

Someone in this weeks MCN slagging him off, again. He's just a bloke doing what he wants to do, why should he have to put up with all the crap if he really struggles with it.

Supposedly didn't get paid by TAS for riding the Suzuki!!! just gets all the equiptment required to race. That's because if he took a wage, he would have to do all the meet & greet stuff for the sponsors, fans, etc. Thats why TT organisers hate him. They are in it for the show business, selling the TT brand, and he doesn't play ball.
Old 12-03-15, 07:25 PM   #224
Bluepete
Mega Poster

ITV have already said they'll take him on straight away. He won't be off the telly for long. It'll be a slighty different format, but still Top Gear in all but name.

If he hit someone, he's out. No iffs, not buts. Employment law would sort of force the issue. Plus his history, he'll go.

A shame IMO, I like to see someone who's willing to say what he thinks, or what he thinks will provoke a response. Plus, I was looking forward to the Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren shootout.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:35 PM   #225
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
Guy Martin - If you read his biography, you will see he has been diagnosed with Aspergers, this is on the autism spectrum. it explains a lot why he is solely focussed on riding his bike and cannot be arsed with all the fame and attention. Watch him on telly, rarely ever looks at the camera.

Someone in this weeks MCN slagging him off, again. He's just a bloke doing what he wants to do, why should he have to put up with all the crap if he really struggles with it.

Supposedly didn't get paid by TAS for riding the Suzuki!!! just gets all the equiptment required to race. That's because if he took a wage, he would have to do all the meet & greet stuff for the sponsors, fans, etc. Thats why TT organisers hate him. They are in it for the show business, selling the TT brand, and he doesn't play ball.
Yeah a mild form.

Agreed.

He does things his way. He wont play the game they want to play
Old 12-03-15, 07:36 PM   #226
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
ITV have already said they'll take him on straight away. He won't be off the telly for long. It'll be a slighty different format, but still Top Gear in all but name.

If he hit someone, he's out. No iffs, not buts. Employment law would sort of force the issue. Plus his history, he'll go.

A shame IMO, I like to see someone who's willing to say what he thinks, or what he thinks will provoke a response. Plus, I was looking forward to the Ferrari, Porsche, Mclaren shootout.

Pete
Would clarkson want to?

All im thinking is, hes 54 now and worth about £30 million. (Maybe £15 million after his divorce). He might want to retire? Not sign new contracts?
Old 12-03-15, 09:22 PM   #227
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Anyone know a rich person, say £10 million plus, who DOESN'T want to be even richer?
Old 12-03-15, 09:24 PM   #228
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Newspaper column, book deals, personal appearances, he won't starve!
Old 12-03-15, 09:58 PM   #229
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
Anyone know a rich person, say £10 million plus, who DOESN'T want to be even richer?
If you read guys book, he only dipped into the racing/tv money for the £120k Aston Martin he bought. Which he felt bad about.

He knows he'll never struggle, but he doesnt thrive for more so much from the way i understood it. He lives off the truck wages and normally if he wants something, he saves for it with that money.

His separate account with all the money is, is left mainly untouched.

Thats the way i interpreted it anyway.

And i believe it tbh. He is such a down to earth guy.
Old 12-03-15, 10:16 PM   #230
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

I thought you were talking about Clarkson there to start off with

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote