SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-08-10, 08:50 AM   #221
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

Regarding putting on some form of entertainment...I would say do so at your own pergyl...lol

Any form of entertainment will need to be paid for. You'll have some orgers happy to pay the extra, but some not happy as they won't want to use/watch it. How would you go about making it fair for all?

These are things that Hovis and I discussed as he really wanted a bouncy castle or dodgems cars, but in reality, they wouldn't have got used that much, they would have been expensive, would have caused grief over some loving the idea and some hating it and it would just not be fair to expect people that didn't want it to help pay for it AND would not be fair for me and Hovis to have to be out of pocket either.

SV650.org Annual Rideouts are non-profit making events, so no money should be taken that is not going directly towards the weekends enjoyment, hence this year just dropping the price to what the Hotel charged...easy. A few nice donations covered my unexpected

cost and the spare £6.12 went to the catering van.

I would say that it's totally up to the organisers. If you want to propose some form of entertainment, then go for it, none of us can censor the desire of others, but while I had no stress or headaches this year, it was mainly due to the fact that I didn't give myself any. If you are going to organise more than the usual camping, be ready for a massive amount of extra work, a gazillion PM's and posts to respond to and you have to find a way to price it fairly.

You can't please all the people all the time, so don't stress about that, but you do have to take into consideration the concerns of everyone.

Good luck all....I am just looking forward to it wherever it's going to be
Old 18-08-10, 09:12 AM   #222
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
You are obviously not viewing the video correctly.

This are not cars on the road, they are an infinitely shifting set of chicanes, a veritable array of twisties, and even if you were to do up and down that bit of road all day it would never be the same twice.
I think i am SK.

Just my opinion differs slightly from yours.
Old 18-08-10, 09:32 AM   #223
Ed

A Punch and Judy show. A live one, I mean
Old 18-08-10, 09:39 AM   #224
Quedos

remember with any form of entertainment you need public liability insurance as just in case. We found this out running the Easter Egg Run.
Old 18-08-10, 11:30 AM   #225
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

"pergyl" Cheryl??
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 11:51 AM   #226
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
"pergyl" Cheryl??
It's old Bristolian, from an old Bristolian

*runs away very quickly*

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 12:17 PM   #227
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
"pergyl" Cheryl??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
It's old Bristolian, from an old Bristolian

*runs away very quickly*

Yeah you better run Bri...lol. It's Welsh just like me. I actually used to be called Cheryl Pergyl in school....still not sure why but am still friends with everyone so couldn't have been that bad...lol..
Old 18-08-10, 12:28 PM   #228
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Oh my word how strange. Funny how a simple conversation about one thing can lead strangely to another.

As a saddo I went and googled "pergyl" to try to find out who was talking rowlocks and who not and simply couldn't type, and came across a biking poem by a biker, on a V twin.

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/topi...mple-pleasures

Strange old world eh?
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 02:52 PM   #229
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Yeah you better run Bri...lol. It's Welsh just like me. I actually used to be called Cheryl Pergyl in school....still not sure why but am still friends with everyone so couldn't have been that bad...lol..
Its not totally out of context in your post. Pergyl is Welsh for danger - "do so at your pergyl" is spot on.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-10, 04:14 PM   #230
Smudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Regarding putting on some form of entertainment...I would say do so at your own pergyl...lol

Any form of entertainment will need to be paid for. You'll have some orgers happy to pay the extra, but some not happy as they won't want to use/watch it. How would you go about making it fair for all?

These are things that Hovis and I discussed as he really wanted a bouncy castle or dodgems cars, but in reality, they wouldn't have got used that much, they would have been expensive, would have caused grief over some loving the idea and some hating it and it would just not be fair to expect people that didn't want it to help pay for it AND would not be fair for me and Hovis to have to be out of pocket either.

SV650.org Annual Rideouts are non-profit making events, so no money should be taken that is not going directly towards the weekends enjoyment, hence this year just dropping the price to what the Hotel charged...easy. A few nice donations covered my unexpected

cost and the spare £6.12 went to the catering van.

I would say that it's totally up to the organisers. If you want to propose some form of entertainment, then go for it, none of us can censor the desire of others, but while I had no stress or headaches this year, it was mainly due to the fact that I didn't give myself any. If you are going to organise more than the usual camping, be ready for a massive amount of extra work, a gazillion PM's and posts to respond to and you have to find a way to price it fairly.

You can't please all the people all the time, so don't stress about that, but you do have to take into consideration the concerns of everyone.

Good luck all....I am just looking forward to it wherever it's going to be
Me and Dizzy have decided not to go for entertainment.
but both Lea Roberts and Jon Gomm were willing to pass a hat round.