SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-11-16, 03:43 PM   #2311
Heorot

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Wow, that is a fair size. Did you have a price in mind Heorot? Been looking into some of the 3d printable cameras on thingyverse. Oh, and I finally reskinned my fx d!

Sent from the darkroom
I have seen a few sell online at around £15 for examples that aren't in working order. I reckon £15 plus £3 postage would be reasonable for a fellow orger. It has been sitting in a drawer for the last 10 years but was working fine when I put it away.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 03:45 PM   #2312
Heorot

I also have a Zenit TTL but I don't suppose anyone's interested in that.

Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Old 24-11-16, 03:56 PM   #2313
Kenzie

Will bear tht in mind Heorot. I already have a TTL. If it has the helios 44M lens fitted the it can be adapted to fit a dslr or film slr. The lens gives awesome bokeh and well worth the effort.

Sent from my Xperia
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 05:42 PM   #2314
Heorot

Yes, the TTL has the Helios 44m lens. I also have another lens for the TTL, labelled as a Prinzflex Auto Reflex 1:28 F=22. I think this is a close up or wide angle lens but I can't remember because I bought it second hand 25 years ago and barely used it. I know I paid £30 for it back then because it still has a price sticker on it.

I thought I would try photography as a hobby back then but quickly lost interest and the cameras were put away never to be used again.

Naked SV650 K3 in Silver

Last edited by Heorot; 24-11-16 at 06:20 PM.
Old 24-11-16, 09:27 PM   #2315
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

It'll be wide angle, either 22mm or more likely 28mm, min aperture f22. Not a bad lump the Zenit, I had a previous model with incident light meter - the TTL as the name implies, meters through the lens, much more modern. Again they don't fetch a great deal but do sell okay from what I've sen on ebay. You may even get more for the lenses than the camera! You could give it another go, film is a quid from Poundland (200 ISO 24 exposure), processing as little as £4 from Asda depending how you want the results. 10 years is a long time.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-16, 07:39 AM   #2316
Kenzie

Like Johnny says, why not give it another go. Would be nice to have another voice in the thread.
Old 27-11-16, 04:43 PM   #2317
Kenzie

Hey Yoko, if you are reading this, how's the trip going?
Some might find this useful. Will tell you what film is by the barcode. My Lomo Lady Grey is essentially Kodak Cosmos/Tri-x 400.
https://dexter.pcode.nl/?dx=010764

Sent from the darkroom

Last edited by Kenzie; 27-11-16 at 09:00 PM.
Old 29-11-16, 10:37 PM   #2318
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Probably going to give this a go
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Konica-Pearl-/401233379672

Interesting link Kenzie!

Still working away on the K2 film, I should try going out and taking a few pics really. Busy at home and work though, and after Christmas our kitchen is getting ripped out so that's January off the cards for everything. And I'm overhauling my 20 year old mountain bike, it's not a massive deal but I need to look at the shifters and not done that before, so it'll take time - ready for spring would be good and it's rideable anyway.

How are you getting on with some of your recent purchases? Are you doing all your own developing and scanning these days? We have an old scanner at work that has bits for 35mm negs but I found the PSU is knackered. DOH. Just wanted to give it a go but 24V 1.5A PSUs don't exactly grow on trees!
Old 30-11-16, 06:08 AM   #2319
Kenzie

Interesting, I didn't know Konica did folders, had a look at other listings, at that price I would jump on it! To be honest I haven't had much time for shooting lately, want to try out the Vito ii at some point. I did manage to win a Kodak Retinette 017 folder, listed as shutter co-cks but the shutter release won't work, can manually trip the shutter by pushing the linkage. I suspect that the double exposure lock is engaged and needs film to trip the release. We close at work over Christmas and my wife will be at work for a few days so I may get some time then. Dig out the mountain bike as well and ride around the local reservoir. Not doing my own colour processing, need a C41 kit for that, but still a little unsure. May just have to take the plunge. Our local Asda still hasn't re-opened the photo store yet, so any films are being saved up and sent to Snaps in bulk. Its been a clear night so I may leave a little earlier and take the OM10 and make a quick stop off on the way up to work this morning, sunrise should be pretty good. What was the scanner by the way? I would like an Epson V500 or V700 but they are £170 upwards for those.

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-11-16 at 06:20 AM.
Old 30-11-16, 12:06 PM   #2320
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Had another look, the Konica is a Pearl I which is an uncoupled RF, looks very similar to the later coupled ones though! The RF and VF are combined FWIW. Also slow f4.5 lens, so overall going to give it a miss, not what I had thought it was.

Scanner is a HP 5530, no idea if it's any good but it's there. We have some PSUs in the lab but the end fitting is wrong, maybe when I'm on lates I'll have a look and try to get the two connected just to give it a go.