SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 03-12-16, 10:36 AM   #2331
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Don't have the same problem with my lovely Android phone! My Retinette arrived yesterday. Jusy as I suspected, nothing wrong with it! Double exposure lock won't release without film in it. Will clean it up and pop a roll through.

Sent from my Xperia
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 06:41 PM   #2332
Kenzie

Kodak Retinette by Matt McKenzie, on Flickr
Old 04-12-16, 07:07 AM   #2333
yokohama

I'm still here but so busy I don't find so much time to sit down and play on the internet like at home. Not been on the Org for a while so lots to catch up on.
I haven't taken as many pictures as I thought I would and haven't used a camera for a few weeks. Tending to take random shots on the TZ or on my phone. Today's my last weekend in Chengdu and I wanted to go out and finish a film but the smog and pollution are so bad. On Friday, I could have sworn the air was yellow. Today, I went out, felt sick and came home. The PM 2.5 count is 290, only 10 short of hazardous (ie. keep off the streets!) so I'm staying in the hotel all afternoon with windows closed and a bottle of wine open.
Going to Shanghai on Friday to spend a few days there.
Kenzie, I see you've got a new phone/camera. I used to have an experia play and loved it but the camera was terrible so I changed it for a Lumia 920 (zeiss lens) which is much better. Here they have a new Huawei model which I'm lusting after - two leica lenses on the back and it looks very tempting. Also, starting to feel the need for a proper digital camera with a viewfinder, preferably one that can accept some of the lenses I have. The Panasonic is a great little travel camera but it has its limitations
The OM10 with the Tamron adaptall 35-135 is a nicely balanced combination and handles really well - although I haven't seen the results yet
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 10:23 AM   #2334
Kenzie

Sounds like you have had a busy time of it. Did you manage to get down to the camera shops or are they too pricey? Don't fancy the sound of that air pollution, you always hear about it on the news but I guess unless you experience it for yourself you can never understand. So when are you flying back? If you want to use some of your lenses then you have a couple of choices. A DSLR or Micro four thirds. Have heard good things about M4/3 as you can get adapters for all sorts of lenses. Cameras like the Sony NEX5 or the Panasonic GH series. I have a couple of adapters for my D3200 so I can mount M42 and Lomography Diana F lenses. I still use my TZ and the camera on my X Compact is awesome, even in low light.
Old 04-12-16, 10:55 AM   #2335
yokohama

I've got 2 more weeks here, flying back on the 17th so I can spend Christmas checking out digital cameras. I don't have much idea about them at all.
Film is seen as very old tech here; new/modern is good and they don't look back so film cameras are hard to find. I've found a couple of shops but they only have a few and they are not cheap. The ones for sale tend to be Japanese or E European rather than Chinese but you'd think there would be Seagulls or Shanghai cameras around somewhere. There's a photography mall in Shanghai and I know an antique/memorabilia market so I'll take a look in there to see if I can find anything
Old 04-12-16, 11:03 AM   #2336
Kenzie

Yeah, maybe we are too sentimental for our own good or just don't like giving stuff up because we think it may be worth something some day. I have noticed that the price of film cameras is shooting up though. Things like the Trip 35 are often fetching £25+ now. Saw a Canon AE-1P sell for £100 the other day. Will stick to my boot sales where people don't know what they have! It might be worth starting another thread ref digi cams as there are loads of knowledgeable people on here. Remember, its not just about megapixles, sensor size is very important!
Old 04-12-16, 07:54 PM   #2337
Kenzie

Hey Johnny, same model as mine and has film mask. 142198666775 not a rangefinder though.

Last edited by Kenzie; 04-12-16 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-12-16, 07:04 PM   #2338
Kenzie

My junk Halina 35x arrived so I stripped it down and rebuilt the aperture of my first 35x. Just need to collimate it and stick down the leatherette and it should be good to go.
Old 07-12-16, 07:33 AM   #2339
Kenzie

Any good to you Johnny?

401235410567 Minolta Auto Semi. 6x4.5 120 roll film.
Old 07-12-16, 08:44 AM   #2340
yokohama

Still not finished my films. Was going to take them home from here but now thinking about taking them to Shanghai in the cameras, which will mean 5 trips through hand baggage x-ray in total. Will they take that?