SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-12-16, 09:18 PM   #2411
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

This is the one I have, doesn't say 22A though http://www.rockycameras.com/-----35-...99-78723-p.asp

Sent from my Xperia
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-16, 09:44 PM   #2412
yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
This is the one I have, doesn't say 22A though http://www.rockycameras.com/-----35-...99-78723-p.asp

Sent from my Xperia
I noticed that one. It looks like the one I had too.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-16, 07:21 AM   #2413
Kenzie

Hey Johnny, did you manage to shift the Vito B or have you still got it? Merry Christmas by the way!

Sent from the darkroom
Old 27-12-16, 03:47 PM   #2414
Kenzie

Evening all, how is everyone? Stuffed from too much food and drink? Planning on going out shooting tomorrow, pending the weather of course. I have stuffed a load of gear in my camera bag and will wrap up warm.
Old 27-12-16, 05:38 PM   #2415
yokohama

I'm on my own so haven't been bothered to cook, hardly drunk anything and no presents.
So I decided to make up for it in the sales yesterday. Bottle of Highland Park, some nice new woolpillows, a Nespresso coffee machine (only because it comes with £75 in vouchers and pays for itself)
Oh, and this! but I blame Amex for pushing me over the edge.
https://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/..._ii/index.html

..and I bought some storage boxes to keep the film cameras in. They're scattered all over the house
Old 27-12-16, 05:50 PM   #2416
Kenzie

Nice, been lusting after one of those but I cannot justify it! Its good that they have moved away from the horrible style that the DSLRs took and have gone with something retro. I was reading an article on the Lomography site about how digital sales are slowing and that film is making a come back. I like your idea of taking a digital shot first and then the same with the film camera. I have also just respooled a roll of Ektar 120 to 620 so I can take the Hawkeye Flash with me tomorrow.
Old 27-12-16, 06:13 PM   #2417
yokohama

Yeah, I like the retro style. Even the on-off switch is like the OM2. It's very small
I don't really need it - but I want it and did miss having a viewfinder when I was using the TZ in China so it'll get used. Amex have an offer on at the mo of a £50 credit on £150 plus Jessops spends so I bought camera and lenses separately which, along with Olympus cashback, brought the price down considerably.

I was looking at the Fuji XT10 as it's even more retro and the image quality is supposed to be better but the micro 4/3 has a wider range of lenses. The Panasonic GX80 is also a steal pricewise; I liked the grip and feel but not so much the viewfinder. Plus the Olympus has in-body stabilisation, (Fuji is in the lens) which will come in useful if I want to try out any old lenses on it.
I put a film into the Pentax MX yesterday, aiming to try that out but I'll have to stay in and wait for DHL tomorrow
Old 27-12-16, 07:28 PM   #2418
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Dunno when I was last on here! Nice pics from China Yoko, the darker ones look a bit underexposed but no surprise, you probably need about 2-3 stops or more from the OM10.

Been away for a couple of days and lost track of time. Nearly finished the roll in my Pentax K2 (at last), which even though it's SLR I've shot it all with 50mm without even thinking about it. Had a play around with my brother in law's new Nikon D7200 DSLR with 35mm f1.8 prime. Nice to be able to shoot tons of pics and dial up the ISO when you want, but accessing the settings is a fiddle, there isn't even an aperture ring on the barrel. Big old beast too, makes the K2 look slim, and that is a truck compared to many SLRs. Everything looks good on a tiny screen so not really seen the results from it. The Olympus does look nice.

The Vito went to a guy in Italy, Kenzie, he seems to be happy about it or can't be bothered to quibble, I was 100% honest in the ad. Yoko - saw your comment about a Rocky Cameras sale. He's a charlatan so you can't expect anything to actually work, but on that basis I was going to have a look. I am hankering after a Mamiya Six, and 40% is a good chunk, you could probably sell on anything as spares or repair and break even in the worst case scenario. Will have to have a peruse of the merchandise and see if there is anything interesting, he certainly has a lot of stuff, and must have a lot of money tied up in it.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 07:41 PM   #2419
Kenzie

I picked up a Tamron 22A from Rocky and it arrived OK and and described. I have read mixed reviews about him but I am happy enough with my lens. Wow, didn't expect the Vito to go that far away! I have the 35mm f1.8 for my D3200 but with the APS-C sensor it ends up as a 52mm. If I wanted front to back focus when taking photos of my collection with digital, whats the best way? I always seen to end up with the lens in focus but the body slightly out of focus. I know it has something to do with dof but I can't wrap my head around fixing it.
Old 27-12-16, 09:36 PM   #2420
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Lost me a bit, you mean you want the DoF to cover the entire picture? With a short focal length you have more DoF anyway (like in the XA), so maybe you just need to get back a little as DoF also increases with distance. At 50mm, f/11 can cover 4m to infinity, for example. If it's a fixed scene then there is some way of focus stacking, i.e. taking the picture several times with the lens focused at different distances, then somehow making a composite of all the sharp bits. I don't get what you mean about the lens and body being in/out of focus though.

I think with Rocky you have to assume they're all clapped, much like ebay, and if you get a good one it's good luck. The Durst camera I was looking at, the seller seems quite similar, she seems to sell stuff as VGC (it's pretty much her trademark) and most of them work well enough that people don't come back too often, but more by luck than judgement. I was trying to think if I was going down south any time but I'm not, would drop in and actually look at things in the flesh.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote