SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-01-13, 01:52 AM   #241
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default Re: Accessory Distribution Gizmo Group Buy

Balls. I'm k6
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 03:20 AM   #242
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Also Bib, any chance in the future that you could kinda 'extend' these gizmos? Say by wiring a mini one into one of these 3 points which then has an extra 3 points for more accessories? I'm scared I'll run out of power points! Haha
Old 07-01-13, 11:44 AM   #243
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
would make it neater i suppose

my plan of action will be a lights off till start unit which will have a feed for the relay coil on the gizmo so the gizmo wont start till the start button is released so no power drain when you turn the ignition on.

a powerbox to feed live power to 3 components e.g. gizmo, horn and HID.
I have a K3 so don't care about the lights not coming on but I do want 1 or 2 of these powerboxes so I can wire my HID's, horn and the gizmo on my bike and maybe the wife's bike too.

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 01:13 PM   #244
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewSpeight View Post
Also Bib, any chance in the future that you could kinda 'extend' these gizmos? Say by wiring a mini one into one of these 3 points which then has an extra 3 points for more accessories? I'm scared I'll run out of power points! Haha
be careful the unit is only designed for 25amp total. each line can go to 15amp but you must make sure that the total for the 3 is no more than 25amp. the relay is rated for 30amp but the wiring is not.

if you want more power then a powerbox and another gizmo would be the way to do it.

powerbox will be rated at max of 39amp and each line 25amp but the three lines must not exceed 39amp.

i can make up splitters for each line so you can have 6 things plugged in but unless they are low power i would not recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
I have a K3 so don't care about the lights not coming on but I do want 1 or 2 of these powerboxes so I can wire my HID's, horn and the gizmo on my bike and maybe the wife's bike too.

Regards
ordering more stock today so i should have some powerboxes by the end of the week.

i have done calculations and the powerboxes are £14.65 posted to the UK.

yes it may seem a lot for what is essentially a 3 way splitter in a box but that's as cheap as i can do it. like all my stuff it will work and keep working without fuss. and as with everything i sell it comes with my no quibble 'don't like then refund'.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-13, 01:22 PM   #245
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Okay scrap that idea. I'll end up blowing something up.

On another note, are these power boxes fully explained anywhere? Or could you explain exactly what it's for and how to wire it in etc? Thanks Lance!
Old 07-01-13, 01:24 PM   #246
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Chuck me a pic when they're done and as long as I like what I see, I shall sling you the readies! Then all I need is for you to sort out a halo HID kit!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 07-01-13, 01:25 PM   #247
phil24_7
Mega Poster

They will just be wired directly to the battery. All extra's (horns, HID's, Gizmos etc) will then be wired to the powerbox instead of the battery.

Old 07-01-13, 01:39 PM   #248
Bibio
Mega Poster

the powerbox is nothing more than a three way splitter. the main feed is 4mm thinwall terminated with rings for connection to the battery. there will be 3 x 2mm +/- tails just like the gizmo. this will all be housed in a neat little box measuring 80mm x 40mm x 15mm.

yes i could make them cheep horrible ugly things that do the job and charge less but i won't. do it right do it once.

i have seen some shocking things on the net where people try to cut costs and some of them have been potential accidents waiting to happen like uninsulated terminals going to relays etc.etc. all to save what is pennies at the end. in fact sometimes it costs more to do it yourself as i buy in relative bulk so can pass that saving on. the PO made more money than i did on my gizmos.
Old 07-01-13, 01:40 PM   #249
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
They will just be wired directly to the battery. All extra's (horns, HID's, Gizmos etc) will then be wired to the powerbox instead of the battery.
correct.
Old 08-01-13, 01:56 AM   #250
Rogue_Shadow

If you do another batch of the 3-way power outlets, please count me in
Looks perfect for future sat-nav connection.
Will have a proper look in the morning, but a picture / description of the "rear brake" connector would be greatly appreciated.