SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-03-12, 08:52 PM   #241
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sad News RIP Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Ill never forget those waterproofs, three sizes too big, borrowed and we all ripped him for looking like a giant green dildo!

Off to see if I still have the photos...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
I was trying to find mine too, no luck yet

I'm still stunned, by this event
Found mine and yours in this thread

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...reeder&page=15

Twas the only EAR rideout he made? Certainly was an epic one

Here's one I didn't post, although its a pity we've got none of him in his Jolly Green Giant suit

Just above Skip's coffee on the right hand side

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-12, 10:51 PM   #242
Urbanfireblade

RIP Reeder, i didn't know you, but i will always remember this thread when i am riding from now on, and perhaps it will make me think twice before doing anything stupid again on my motorbike. It only takes a moment for something bad to happen.
Old 24-03-12, 10:15 PM   #243
21QUEST
Mega Poster

RIP Reeder
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 12:51 AM   #244
rob13

Absolutely stunned by this. Just on and saw the post about Reeders crash thinking he'd be in hospital. It was when I saw the flowers at the tree did the horror sink in.

Never met him in person, but I'd exchanged conversations regarding my bikes and how envious he was of them! I told him that his time would come, but unfortunately it hasn't.

Rest in peace and my sincere condolences to his family.
Old 25-03-12, 01:53 AM   #245
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

I've no idea what to make of any of this, never even met the guy but feel like I've lost a close friend after the exchanges we had on here. I was very excited to meet him @ AR if I could make it, but since I read the news on Wednesday I've struggled to keep my emotions to myself over the whole thing. Us fat lads are known to be sensitive but this has really affected me. I don't know what to do or say & I still can't believe it's real & I feel guilty knowing that his family are having to deal with this while someone who never even met him is faffing about typing words on a forum...

I am so sorry mate

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 09:50 AM   #246
Geodude
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
I've no idea what to make of any of this, never even met the guy but feel like I've lost a close friend after the exchanges we had on here. I was very excited to meet him @ AR if I could make it, but since I read the news on Wednesday I've struggled to keep my emotions to myself over the whole thing. Us fat lads are known to be sensitive but this has really affected me. I don't know what to do or say & I still can't believe it's real & I feel guilty knowing that his family are having to deal with this while someone who never even met him is faffing about typing words on a forum...

I am so sorry mate
+1 PT6. Im in the same boat Miss you buddy xGx

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 10:44 AM   #247
speedplay

I never saw you as a fat lad Paul, just comfortable
Old 25-03-12, 07:20 PM   #248
stewie

Quote:

I am so sorry mate
Nice post, just about sums the ORG. up, don't know any other site that has the same feeling, its wierd how you can have genuine feelings for people you may never have met, just read funny posts, tales etc, I never met Reeder, he came on board while I was away for a spell but always came across as a top bloke, and Paul youre not fat mate youre just big boned
Old 25-03-12, 07:45 PM   #249
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:

I am so sorry mate
Same here

I also think its so cruel for him to have been taken away at only 20.

So much life to live.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 07:58 PM   #250
The Idle Biker

I never met him. He was different from everyone I knew when I was his age. From what I saw on Facebook and here he was a product of his times. I see certain things he did, in my kids, all that Hugs and kisses they do to mates when they meet, open with their feelings and confident to post anything online and share everything.

And that's the shame of it for me. He wasn't a cocky wanabee street racer, he wasn't an arrogant tosspot or an aggressive oik, he was a young bloke who was just open and up for a laugh, with a great set of mates and a great sense of fun. I've thought a lot about him since he died. I've never felt like this before for someone, who by traditional standards is a stranger to me. Maybe that's good thing about this technology, that it gets us all closer.

I dunno about much but I really feel bad for all his friends and family. Fnckin tragedy.