SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-04-06, 11:13 PM   #251
Gnan

no 44, because you have to pot a colour after the final red (yellow - 2pts) and a clearance in snooker is defined as a single visit to the table where you clear everything.

it's pretty unlikely, you have to pot all 15 reds in one shot
Old 10-04-06, 11:40 PM   #252
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnan
no 44, because you have to pot a colour after the final red (yellow - 2pts) and a clearance in snooker is defined as a single visit to the table where you clear everything.

it's pretty unlikely, you have to pot all 15 reds in one shot
Ok if a clearance is a single visit how do you get 44?

Unless all the years of my dad watching it has been a different game but I thought the rules were pot red, pot colour until the final red and its colour are potted then it the yellow - black.

Actually, Ill check. As per wikipedia:

Quote:
If a red ball is potted, the player currently in play stays at the table and continues with another stroke. This time one of the six colours is the ball "on".
As per http://www.billiardworld.com/snooker.html

Quote:
6. After the striker has scored a red ball initially, his next legal object is a color, and as long as reds remain on the table he must alternate his play between reds and colors (though within each group he may play a ball of his choice). When reds remain on the table and a color is his object, the striker must (a) designate prior to stroking which color ball is his object (that specific color is then his "ball on"), and (b) cause the cue ball's first contact with a ball to be with that colored ball. If the striker fails to meet these requirements, it is a foul (See Penalties For Fouls).
Youre working that score out on potting reds in a row which is not how the game is played and is therefore not the lowest clearance score. Its red, colour, red, colour etc until the last red is potted. An appropriate colour then you start with the colours from yellow to black.

In which case 15 reds = 15 points, pot the minimum colour after them = 15 x 2 = 30 gives 45 points. Then pot yellow - black so add 27 = 72points is the minimum points for a clearance according to the rules. :P
Old 11-04-06, 08:05 AM   #253
Stormspiel

I think it's worked out that one strike of the white would sink EVERY red on the table in that one strike...then you start sinking the colours...i think
Old 11-04-06, 08:47 AM   #254
sharriso74

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king in history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar
Old 11-04-06, 09:56 AM   #255
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspiel
I think it's worked out that one strike of the white would sink EVERY red on the table in that one strike...then you start sinking the colours...i think
Ah I see, Im now truly enlightened. Though its not really possible.
Old 11-04-06, 11:10 AM   #256
Gnan

the closest anyone has come is 9 reds in one shot.. so maybe with further tuning
Old 11-04-06, 11:22 AM   #257
Grinch

The average European sperm count is in the region of 70 million per millilitre.
While only one (or possibly two or three) sperm are required to fertilise an egg, a man needs a sperm count of 20 million per millilitre to be any way sure of success the natural way.

I won't tell you what my count was... but I was chuffed...
Old 11-04-06, 11:23 AM   #258
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
I won't tell you what my count was... but I was chuffed...
Too much information there :P
Old 12-04-06, 09:15 PM   #259
El Saxo

Found this out which I felt was quite apt considering the weird weather we've been having lately:

It snowed in the Sahara desert on February 18, 1979.
Old 13-04-06, 12:44 PM   #260
Moriarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Ok, heres todays snippet:

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
Sorry honey, theres 2003UB313 which is not named after a god or indeed any mythical figure.

And my fact for the day is that the King of hearts is the only king without a moustache.