SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 30-01-17, 09:51 PM   #2701
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I guess i could contact the seller but he'd have to cancel my bids. Didn't think about it. Nice Ikoflex, not sure I'm a TLR man though.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-17, 10:06 PM   #2702
Kenzie

Might be worth it if he will do a buy it now.
Did you hear back about the Me Super Yoko?

Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 31-01-17 at 12:12 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 06:58 PM   #2703
yokohama

Nope. 2 emails sent about the ME Super but no reply.

I managed to get out and shoot some film today. I decided to take the Trip with me and a Minolta with the 35-70.
Learnt another lesson; check batteries before you go out! I took 4 batteries out with me just in case but couldn't get any combination of them to work in the camera so no Minolta. (I emptied all the camera batteries before I went to China and put them all in a film canister. Maybe all the metal to metal contact drained some of them)
At least I could use the Trip and managed to finish the whole roll.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 07:10 PM   #2704
Kenzie

At least you had film in your camera! Having them loose probably finished them off. That's what I really like about the Trip, ready to shoot and now power worries! I found out that cutting a 120 roll down to 127 gives me an off-cut that is perfect in size to reload my Minolta 16mm film cartridge. Means I can shoot my spy cameras!
Old 01-02-17, 07:44 PM   #2705
yokohama

How are you cutting that? In the darkroom?
Old 01-02-17, 07:54 PM   #2706
Kenzie

Changing bag. I use electrical tape wrapped around a few times after marking the 127 paper at the right height. I can the feel where I need to cut with the cigar cutter. I mark the 127 paper with a small bit of masking tape and feed the film in. Spool in up to the second tape mark and tape the film down and finish spooling. Bit of a faff but 127 is hard to get.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o-HLR-k_qOE
Old 01-02-17, 08:41 PM   #2707
yokohama

Neat trick that. Going well beyond the bounds of my knowledge and abilities.
Old 01-02-17, 08:48 PM   #2708
Kenzie

Only beyond if you don't give it a go. I was scared of loading medium format until I watched a YouTube video. Same with developing my own black and white, read as much as I could and did it! I now find respooling 120 to 620 a piece of cake!
Shame about the ME Super though. I had the same thing happen with a couple on Gumtree as well.
Old 02-02-17, 09:27 AM   #2709
yokohama

I've never used 120 or 127 yet. Maybe one day. I don't have the space to start collecting box cameras and TLRs so i'd better stick to 35mm for the moment. I used to develop and print B&W when I was at uni and had access to darkrooms though the details are lost in the passage of time. I can still remember putting a blank piece of paper in chemicals and watching the image slowly appear. Magic.
Old 02-02-17, 12:59 PM   #2710
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Cheap XA of some sort in Herts:
http://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camer...era/1214109559

I had a similar worry about loading 120 the first time, as it's not in a canister I was paranoid about it slipping open and fogging out. The first one I shot was B&W, and whether it was the film or the size of the negatives, I was more than impressed by the detail, even at 8x8". The actual shooting is a slow process though, as almost nothing is automated (with the possible exception of having a coupled rangefinder, which most don't). Folders can be pretty compact though, as you would have seen with your Agfa, maybe like an SLR body with no lens when folded up. I struggle to compose with the square format of 6x6 for some reason, but there are 6x4.5 and 6x9, the latter are said to be good for landscapes as you have such a large negative that you can enlarge or crop for ever. All that said, I have a few rolls in the fridge, but when they run out I'm not sure how quick I'll be to get more.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote