SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 10-01-11, 04:42 PM   #2711
Reeder

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Will serve you right for riding it after cleaning it fruity Mine will stay in the garage until nice weather if I give it some serious TLC.
Sounds fair enough to me KJ. I'll PM you my address and you can come collect and clean it. I'll steal it back shortly afterwards!
I'm sure someone will offer you a pillion. I would, but I haven't had anyone on the back yet and I don't think you groping me the entire time would do much for my concentration. It's hard being this beautiful sometimes.
Old 10-01-11, 04:46 PM   #2712
kellyjo

Me, pillion??

Have you not noticed how sh1te sv suspension is at the best of times? Sick a moose on the back and theres no hope!! Besides, im a control freak so i wanna be in front
Old 10-01-11, 04:48 PM   #2713
Reeder

Don't come out then
Old 10-01-11, 05:04 PM   #2714
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
My poor bike is in a sorry state. I looked in the freezing cold garage on saturday at it.
It's filthy where I used it in the wet and haven't cleaned it for a loooooong time, and I'm slightly ashamed to admit that the chain is starting to get rusty where I haven't lubed it enough.
I'm going to have to stick some big eblow grease into it this weekend and get it cleaned and the chain back to its former glorly. Also couldn't get the front brake pads out ages ago when I tried as the pin was seized in, so I'm gonna stick some penetrating fluid on that to try and sort it out and give it a good scrub.

I feel bad for letting it get to this stage now
You can't polish a turd, sorry pointy
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 05:32 PM   #2715
Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
You can't polish a turd, sorry pointy
Can't even wash yours then!
Old 11-01-11, 06:48 PM   #2716
Rob969

Well i had an interesting talk with the wife earlier, i was mentioning about possibly changing bike next year and wondered what to do with the SV as the extras on it would probably be half the value of the bike by then and she just casually mentioned that i might as well keep the SV and get another bike, mmm may possibly be doing alot of trackdays next year on my SV trackbike
Old 11-01-11, 07:05 PM   #2717
maviczap
Mega Poster

Your wife is a Saint, where can I buy one
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:11 PM   #2718
Rob969

Couldn't believe it when she said it. Took long enough for her to let me get a bike in the first place. Think i'll see how the sv is going at the end of the year and decide what to do from there seems a shame to get rid after sorting the valve clearances getting new tyres, chain and sprockets and zx10 shock plus i've still to buy braided lines and most probably get new springs and oil and the lowers once i get them tidied up and sprayed, reckon buy the end of feb i'll probably have spent the best part of £700 on it in 12 months !!!
Old 11-01-11, 07:29 PM   #2719
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Congrats Rob, what will be the next bike then? Sports or something else? V-Twin, Triple, IL4?

I think if it were me and I could afford it I'd line up for a KTM SMT or possibly an Adventure...needs to be a few more years down the road before a SMT is cheap enough second hand though I think
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:36 PM   #2720
Rob969

Really would like another v-twin mainly for the noise was quite interested in the Shivers and also like the look of the 800 tiger the triples sound nice as well, don't know what i'm going to do yet we'll see what this year brings i do like the idea of having a bike purely for trackdays knowing i've got another to use on the road should i drop it.