SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 16-01-11, 11:23 PM   #2741
speedplay

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Oh bugger.

Sorry to hear that.
Hope it's good news in the end though.
On the plus side, if someone can find KJ's brain to test, you should be fine

Last edited by speedplay; 17-01-11 at 08:04 PM.
Old 17-01-11, 07:31 AM   #2742
kellyjo

Well, apparently they did find my brain but im still waiting to hear if i need the surgery and probably need to see a neuro-opthalmologist aswell as the tests from the neuro-radiologist and neuro-surgeon. Honestly, its not a very big brain, it really shouldn't be taking this long or need this many people to look!!

Deltron, my thoughts are with you, you must be worried and frustrated.
Before the dudes at Addenbrookes took over my treatment i was under Dr.Manford at Bedford and I was most impressed with him, he took time to explain things properly, something his 'team' never seemed to be able to manage and got me dealt with by the big guns quickly when he realised that was needed.
It might be worth ringing the hospital and seeing if you can get a cancellation, a months wait is a very long time when you're worried.

In the meantime take care of yourself and fingers crossed it was a one-off episode, KJ xxx
Old 17-01-11, 07:52 AM   #2743
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltron View Post
Oh well, **** happens
Don't it just, sorry to hear this mate, hope it was a one off and that you can get back on the bike soon(ish). I assume you were in a safe environment when it happened? It's all that hard thinking time writing software, you're over doing work Seriously though I used to suffer from Epilepsy when I was young so know the score, I also had my son (when he was 3) give me the scare of my life with a febrile convulsion and went through the worry of not knowing whether he had epilepsy or not.

Chin up and think positive, fingers crossed it all works out well for you, and the chances are it will be a one off as I am sure they're all telling you anyway...and yes like KJ says pressure them for an earlier appointment!

Last edited by kaivalagi; 17-01-11 at 07:56 AM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 10:03 AM   #2744
Reeder

You better be on your ****ing bike again soon.
You were the best guy at the EAR and I don't think I can cope with this lot without you.... They're all three times our age!
Old 17-01-11, 10:40 AM   #2745
deltron

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Before the dudes at Addenbrookes took over my treatment i was under Dr.Manford at Bedford and I was most impressed with him, he took time to explain things properly, something his 'team' never seemed to be able to manage and got me dealt with by the big guns quickly when he realised that was needed.
Funnily enough I'm pretty sure my appointment is with Dr. Manford. I'll let him know I've heard good things

They told me that as my referral is deemed to be "urgent" I should get first refusal on any cancellations.

Everyone pray that I'll be allowed to ride again after 6 months. I'm not sure I could cope with missing an entire summers riding!
Old 17-01-11, 11:16 AM   #2746
deltron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
Don't it just, sorry to hear this mate, hope it was a one off and that you can get back on the bike soon(ish). I assume you were in a safe environment when it happened?
I was fortunate to be with some good friends who were great about it all (even when I threw up all over the carpet! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
It's all that hard thinking time writing software, you're over doing work
I think there is some truth in that actually! I found I was feeling much more stressed since the weather turned and I was having to do the commute in the car every day!
Old 17-01-11, 11:56 AM   #2747
Rob969

Deltron sorry to hear about your news got a mate at work who's had the same happen to him over xmas (he woke up twice in the back of an ambulance) now he can't do his normal job as it invovles working at hight or drive. Hope you get seen soon and it all gets sorted out.

Reeder hopefully i'll be making more of an appearance this year on the rideouts and i'm still in my 20's so you won't be alone
Old 17-01-11, 12:12 PM   #2748
Reeder

Marvellous!
Old 17-01-11, 03:58 PM   #2749
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
You were the best guy at the EAR and I don't think I can cope with this lot without you.... They're all three times our age!
Sounds like you need us old gits there to keep you in check, young man!!
Old 17-01-11, 04:04 PM   #2750
kellyjo

Change of subject....

What do you lot know about Honda VTR1000s??

They're much cheaper than the sv1000s, but not as pretty. According to everything i've read the biggest downside is the 16l tank.

There has been a few about recently 99/2000 models with only 15-20k on the clock for around £1200. What level of mileage do you think would be too high to consider, 20k, 30k?

Is Honda build quality really as good as its made out to be?

What downsides might there be to ownership??

I NEED a bike and its gonna have to be cheap and this is definitely looking like it may be the way forwards...

KJ x

Last edited by kellyjo; 17-01-11 at 04:09 PM.