SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 28-01-11, 10:15 PM   #2861
speedplay

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Thats just the thing, I dont know what to do.

I have worked out that my house and bills will be covered with just 12k a year now that I have chucked Jenn out.

Was chatting to KJ on the phone last night about it and I really dont need to work my ass off like I did before.
I used to do 100 hours a week most of the time and then the commute on top of that too.
Losing dad last july has really made me think about what I want from life and its like being 16 again and not knowing where I want to be.

After 15+ years of being in the building trade, I really want out as my body cant take it anymore.
My shoulders, hips and knees are shot and my neck aches loads too (may have to swap the daytona as a result) but where do I go from here?!
Old 28-01-11, 10:20 PM   #2862
kellyjo

Well, today I enrolled with the Institute certified Bookeepers to study my Levels 1&2 so I now have up to 2 years to do 120 hours work and pass 2 exams and then I can be let loose on the general public!! Hopefully it'll be done within 5-6 months.

Ive also been asked to start up a lunchtime 'nurture club' at the local Junior school to cater for the kids with 'difficulties' at lunchtimes. It'll only leave me £20 a week better off but it will be interesting and a good thing to have on my CV should any Learning Support vacancies arise, which is what I really want to do. I take it as quite a compliment that they asked

So in a couple of days I've gone from no career prospects to 2 separate possible avenues

And even better than that, Jeff and I are back together again (talk about 'cant live with 'em, cant live without 'em!) and tomorrow im having a new Superking size bed delivered, wahey!!!!
Old 28-01-11, 10:22 PM   #2863
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
(may have to swap the daytona as a result)

I'll swap ya - im offering a quarter of cola cubes and 2 cans of coke!! Now, you cant say no to that....
Old 28-01-11, 10:26 PM   #2864
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post

And even better than that, Jeff and I are back together again (talk about 'cant live with 'em, cant live without 'em!) and tomorrow im having a new Superking size bed delivered, wahey!!!!

Talk about baptism of fire for the new bed....
Old 28-01-11, 10:34 PM   #2865
svrich

KJ; Did your making up break the old one then?
Rob; I was In a not to disimilar place to you, in term of feeling lost and over working myself, a couple of years after graduating. I had burnt myself out putting everything into teaching, had no free time as a result and missed out on two very long years of rugby, spending time with friends and family and getting quite ill because of it. I considered retraining but couldn't do it to myself or my parents so soon after graduating. In the end I resigned full time teaching, took up supply teaching, truck driving when there were no supply days, marathon running, and rugby again. Got a life for myself and started to feel much better about things. within a year I had a new full time job, ran the marathon, and met the lovely woman who eventually became my wife, and mother to our two lovely children.
The moral to this all to lengthy story; make time for yourself, do what you need to to get by and in a few months see how you feel about things again. And come to te March Meat Run and try your luck with the raffle!
Old 28-01-11, 10:38 PM   #2866
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
ran the marathon, and met the lovely woman who eventually became my wife, and mother to our two lovely children.

Well thats put me off doing the marathon then!

I think I just need to sit back and take stock of things really.

It's good to see that the approach will work though.

I'm even looking at some really mundane things that I know I wont get as I cant dumb down my CV enough!

Just a 9-5 (or 40 hours a week) paye would do me as I really just want to tick over while I rethink things.
Old 28-01-11, 10:47 PM   #2867
svrich

Time to take stock is always good. I hope it comes good for you soon.
Virtual beer sent your way
Old 28-01-11, 10:50 PM   #2868
speedplay

Cheers mate

Lifes been a bit weird since dad died.

I didnt realise how much it would affect me.
Soulkiss called me one night to see how I was and I had to go I was that much of a mess.
And then there was waking up in a drugged stupour in KJ's bed ballgagged and handcuffed...

I thought the coffee tasted funny...
Old 28-01-11, 11:03 PM   #2869
svrich

It's a **** thing to happen and three of my mates have lost their dads in the last 12 months. I can't think what it must be like ... but to let KJ get close to an unsupervised drink, you brought that one on yourself
Old 28-01-11, 11:05 PM   #2870
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
I can't think what it must be like ... but to let KJ get close to an unsupervised drink, you brought that one on yourself

I've not got through the nightmares yet and can s*** now without pushing for some reason...