SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-01-15, 12:32 PM   #21
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test rides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamJam View Post
I think Ducati was the only one that i had to sign any documentation stating that if anything happened to the bike i'd need to pay £2500 up front.
I've test ridden a few Triumphs and they always took £800 as deposit, which they refund when you bring it back still shiny. So take a credit card and don't bend it.
Old 30-01-15, 01:35 PM   #22
NTECUK
Mega Poster

And your photo licence or paper and ID.
Old 30-01-15, 01:54 PM   #23
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
And your photo licence or paper and ID.
And a bill confirming your address.
Old 30-01-15, 02:09 PM   #24
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Ongar didn't ask for that.
But well I'd think that it's pretty significant.
Old 22-02-15, 03:56 AM   #25
AJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamJam View Post
Yeah Victor Devines is a **** of a shop. Had the same scenario when I wanted to take a blade out. Went to Pheonix in Grangemouth and was out for nearly 2 hours no problem.

Apart from that i've test ridden bikes from Saltire Suzuki, Ducati Glasgow, Cupar Motorcycles, Pheonix Honda and BMW Motorrad with no hassles what so ever.

I think Ducati was the only one that i had to sign any documentation stating that if anything happened to the bike i'd need to pay £2500 up front.

I have also done two Suzuki Ride events that SIII mentioned. They are ok but i personally wouldn't bother as you have to follow some guy on a predetermined route and you can't overtake him. No fun really.

Just ring the dealers and see if they have any demo models in and book up.
Interestingly enough I was taking to my brother today who had effectively decided he wanted a fireblade 4 years ago. Went to Devines on Boxing Day and he was told they wouldn't have a fireblade he could try til around April. Now this is meant to be "Scotland's top honda dealer" trying to sell one of their flagship models...

Needless to say he ended up at MCS a day or so later, got a test drive that day and bought a brand new Triumph ST...
Old 22-02-15, 04:53 PM   #26
theenglishman

I'm nearly 50 - dealers seem to fall over themselves to offer me test rides, for whole days if I want.

I guess a spotty 20 year old on a scooter isn't viewed the same, but if you pitch up, talk seriously about being interested and have both bits of your license on you you should be out for a test ride in 15 mins if you go on a day they're not busy.

BMW and Triumph are the current best, but they know I've had big new bikes off them in the past.
theenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 10:48 AM   #27
Heorot

In Norfolk I have had test rides with 3 main dealers for Suzuki, Honda & Kawasaki (CJ Ball, Lings & Seastar Superbikes). All were quite happy for me to have test rides. All I needed was both parts of my licence and to sign that I agreed a £750 insurance excess. No upfront payment required.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote