SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 15-04-10, 09:50 AM   #21
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: NWR6 (North Wales Rideout) 23rd/24th April Accomodation Booking Thread

Everyone has paid me, so thanks all. I'll be paying the balance to Fynnon Wen today.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-10, 03:41 PM   #22
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: NWR6 (North Wales Rideout) 23rd/24th April Accomodation Booking Thread

Can I use this thread now to carry on the serious discusions?

So
Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
I've started to get my stuff out on the bed ready to pack for the weekend away;

2 pairs y-fronts
2 pairs socks
1 pair jeans
1 t-shirt
1-jumper
1 towel
1 shower gel / shampoo
1 can lynx
1 toothbrush
1 tube toothpaste
1 can of lube

Anything I've missed
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Blimey, super eager and oprganised

I'm just glad I dont need to carry a sleeping bag between my elbows this time.

I plan to try and squeeze in

2 x Pants
4 x socks incase its cold
1 x clean tshirt
1 x clean jumper
3 x riding tshirts incase I am sweaty or cold or wet
1 x jeans
1 x trainers
1 x chain loob
1 x wallet
1 x Iphone charger as its last about 16 hours
1 x towel

Probably more if I can squeeze it in.
Am I right in thinking we don't need sleeping bags?
What about towels?

Cheers
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-10, 03:45 PM   #23
petevtwin650

Correct Stu, you don't need to bring bedding. You may want to bring a towel, but only if you're going to wash and/or shave this time
Old 20-04-10, 03:54 PM   #24
G
Mega Poster

Defo no sleeping bags... Or I'm screwed lol doubt they will have 20+ towels though, I may be wrong.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 11:36 AM   #25
Luckypants
Mega Poster

OK folks, what did you all think of the bunkhouse? I really like it as it is comfortable and relaxed. I noticed one comment that these were 'expensive digs', does anyone feel that after having been there?

Let's a have a bit of feedback so I know whether to use this place on the next one.

Old 27-04-10, 11:49 AM   #26
petevtwin650

Lovely location and the people who run it, Kate and Pete, are very nice. Breakfast is a bit dodgy timewise and it could have done with being warmer, but, so far, the best place for this type of do that we've used IMO.

No problems with going back there.
Old 27-04-10, 11:50 AM   #27
ravingdavis

I thought it was pretty good really, cheap considering you got 2 meals a day there as well. We were made to feel welcome too. Shame about the kayaking bunch but not much to be done about that. Food wasn't exactly prompt though. I certainly wouldn't whine if we went there again.
Old 27-04-10, 11:57 AM   #28
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Bunkhouse was and always has been brilliant and good value for money. £30 for an evening meal, breakfast, accomodation and use of facilities...can't really complain can you?
They have always been welcoming to us bikers even when we made a bit of noise those few times.

I don't feel that Fynnyon Wen have done anything to deserve not getting our repeat business.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 12:00 PM   #29
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
I don't feel that Fynnyon Wen have done anything to deserve not getting our repeat business.
Hell no, just I like to get feedback to be sure I've not got rose tinted specs on. I like the place and the folks who run it.

Old 27-04-10, 01:59 PM   #30
Bluepete
Mega Poster

I liked the place a lot and would be very happy to go back. I didn't mind about the meals not being "ready on the dot" because the food was so good when it arrived.

As for price, £30 for that quality of facility in that location, with two meals, hot showers and Jenga, I can't complain at all!

If Kate and Pete ask, tell them it's a huge thumbs up from me.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote